Iowa State still

Are there 13 teams better than us??? That’s the real question. Also it is not asking to much to beat programs who traditionally are below our pay grade.

We shouldn’t be losing to an inferior football program like Iowa State. We had a possible pathway to a 11-1. Which should have gotten us into the playoff. As one poster stated it would be fun to just to make it in. The recognition in and of itself helps build recruiting. Better players usually leads to repeated playoff invites. The better players are going to want to be in the spotlight.

You’re not making it in if you’re not invited in. The schedule was very favorable for us this year. We had the strongest teams on our schedule at home. Home field generally helps most teams.

It will be interesting to watch and wait and see what happens over at Indiana. If they rebuild a program that has traditionally been for decades a bottom one third or one fourth of the conference to be competitive with the top programs then that will be a “CHECKMATE” to the Iowa apologist fan base that say it can’t be done here.

You have to believe and have faith that it can happen at Iowa. If you don’t believe it then you get caught up in not expecting or demanding better as a fan base.

If the fan base doesn’t expect better and the administration has the same attitude then a coach gets to comfortable sitting on his air conditioned seat that never gets hot. No one can doubt that the ouster of his son wasn’t at least a shot over the bow.

If shots over the bow arent ever given you can revert back to what Hayden Fry called an Iowa loser mind set that he observed when he first got here. He not only resurrected a program in the sewer but took Iowa to a Rose Bowl in an inconceivable short amount of time. The losers said it couldn’t be done.

That’s what we hear from some on this forum. Don’t you people have a five year old soccer league to go watch? I am sure you’ll get excited when the participation ribbons are given out.

It’s not like Kirk has been at Iowa just three years and we expected him to build a program from the sewer and take them to a Rose Bowl. Oh wait…….. sorry that was Hayden……. my bad!

Now I am not saying that Kirk has done a bad job but after 25 years no one can claim he hasn’t had time to at least get to a final four and now a final thirteen at least once.

I’ve been followed Iowa football loyally from before Hayden got here. Loyal fans have a right to have their loyalty rewarded AT LEAST ONCE. The BEARS did it in 1985 and the Cubs also got to the top of the mountain. It was rewarding to those of us who waited for what seemed like forever.

Even it the Bears and Cubs never do it again in my life time, I will never forget it and forever treasure it.

It was 1966 when I first started following Iowa football and Iowa basketball. Been here ever since and just standing bye and hoping for all that loyalty, blood and tears to finally be rewarded.

Latest posts