Iowa state rock bottom? and kinnick crowd

Wow, that really happened? I cant believe it!!!!.....seriously, some of you need to read. FBS "SHOULD NEVER LOSE TO FCS". I did not say it never happens. Does it happen? Of course it does, but it shouldnt. Teams schedule FCS to get a good warm-up game in, mostly to get a win.
So that being said, it is embarrassing that ISU lost last year to UNI, and got smoked against NDSU.

By FBS, do you mean power 5 conference teams? That I could roll with. The best FCS teams are understandably better than a bad Sun Belt/MAC team.

Wow, that really happened? I cant believe it!!!!.....seriously, some of you need to read. FBS "SHOULD NEVER LOSE TO FCS". I did not say it never happens. Does it happen? Of course it does, but it shouldnt. Teams schedule FCS to get a good warm-up game in, mostly to get a win.
So that being said, it is embarrassing that ISU lost last year to UNI, and got smoked against NDSU.

According to who? Your ******* opinion?

Iowa should never lose to ISU in football either, but it happens, doesn't it? It's called motivation, the ball bouncing your way, out coaching the other staff, etc.

It wouldn't bother me a bit to see an 0-12 season from Wally the wizard, the lizard, man genius,and paw

This sums up the isu experience pretty nicely, I think: I got curious as to what Paw's record is against FCS competition, so I looked it up, saw he is now 3-2, and was genuinely surprised it was that good. Must be nice to know, as a clone, that your coach has about a 60% shot at pulling off a w over an FCS opponent on an given Saturday.

I wanna first ask this question because there are some old football fans on this site, was yesterday the most embarrassing loss in ISU history? Last years 77-7 game against baylor was bad, but theres been a lot of those in isu's past. The two factors that go into yesterday's loss were: it was their 2nd loss to an fcs school, and the way they lost by 20. Did they just hit rock bottom?

And a quick thought about our crowd yesterday. I was at the game, and I noticed that the energy and volume of the crowd was stale up until the 4th. I dont if everyone was nervous or what, but I assumed kinnick would be a lot louder during a close game. Bigger games I know itll get loud. Music was really good, Herkey looks sweet!

I might be wrong on this, but wasn't Connecticut a I-AA school (FCS) in 2002 when they came into Ames at the end of the season and walk out with a 38-20 win over the Clowns? If so, that would be the third FCS school that has humiliated the ketchup and mustard. However, as bad as that was for them, this loss to No. Dakota St. must be rock bottom. NDSU is the 3-time defending champion, but this was their first game with a new head coach and new line up on both sides of the ball. ISU is terrible. End of story.

I assume since Iowa is expected to win the Big 10 the ticket sales are going through the roof? It's weird that ISU football is near an all time low but the fans still fill the stadium. I wonder why that is?

I assume since Iowa is expected to win the Big 10 the ticket sales are going through the roof? It's weird that ISU football is near an all time low but the fans still fill the stadium. I wonder why that is?

<<I wonder why that is?>>

People have been wondering--for decades--why there are THAT many people willing to attend an ISU game...

The point to ponder is with years & years - check that - year of sold out games the SEZ wasn't "bowled in" long ago to accommodate all those loyal and true Clowns to be so proud of the awesome product put on the field. And I'm not talking about your HC getting on his knees on the turf. Or am I?

Jamie Pollard can apparently sell ice cream to eskimoes. Next year, they'll sell the idea of a new coach.

This year they are selling hope because realistically, what else do they have? Besides good water, I mean.

I know ISU fans were in a tailspin a couple of years back when there were rumors that they might get left out of the reshaped Big 12. I have to wonder now if they might not be happier in a slightly less competitive conference like the Mountain West or Conference USA. I know it would be a blow to the ego to move out of one of the big 5 power conferences, but I have to believe in the long run their fan base would be a lot happier with a team that was winning 7 or 8 games pretty consistently and sometimes competing for conference championships.

Does anybody see that happening anytime in the near future in the Big 12? I'm not one that usually craps all over the Cyclones, but I think it's time for a reality check for their football program. As long as they are in the Big 12 and playing 9 games a year against that competition they can expect 6-6 to be their good years and 3 or 4 wins to be the norm.

Has to be one of the dumbest post ever.

Latest posts