Iowa State receives honors from national media

Why is this in the football thread? This should clearly go into the Rivalry forum, as the mudslinging ensues.

First of all, it is Bleacher Report. Second, they seem to put a lot of emphasis on the 'star' rating for each player. While nobody would say that having all low rated recruits is a great recruiting plan, I think coaching is at least 50% of what makes a player great at the college level.

By the way, did anybody else see this Google Ad on this page? Did Google think because this forum has the word "Iowa" in it, that the ad would be relevant? Or that ISU/Iowa fans hate Northern Iowa so much that they would help USD "send the Panthers packin'"? Either way, interesting mode of advertising for USD...

imgad

Last edited:
If they're relying heavily on the "star" rankings, you can pretty much ignore the list. We haven't been loaded with 4/5 star recruits either, but our coaching staff has developed many players into great college players with legitimate NFL potential. Give the ISU coaching staff a little time to see how they develop their players.

Just my $.02.
WOn't happen. Fan base is TINY.....they have no money....their conference is on life support..their finanaces are a sliver of other programs...IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A MILLION YEARS with a big 10 college right down the road...NEVER EVER.. The big 12 will be gone...soon my friends..VERY SOON.

I agree with Cyclones17's premise on recruiting; get the guys you want. However the difference between Iowa pulling in the "hidden gem" and Iowa St's is the history of doing so. Examples: Robert Gallery, Eric Steinbach, Marshal Yanda, Bob Sanders, Chad Greenway, Johnathon Babineaux, Sean Considine, Dallas Clark, Shonn Greene and many others. These players listed not only were great college players, many garnering national awards, but also all are starters in the NFL along with many others. Iowa has a significant history doing it.

I know. It only works for Iowa to go into small towns in the midwest and pull out good players. No other program can do it. If Iowa got Jevohn Miller from Brooklyn I guarantee you people would love him. But since he has no stars and is going to ISU....he sucks.

No this means he will suck.

I agree with Cyclones17's premise on recruiting; get the guys you want. However the difference between Iowa pulling in the "hidden gem" and Iowa St's is the history of doing so. Examples: Robert Gallery, Eric Steinbach, Marshal Yanda, Bob Sanders, Chad Greenway, Johnathon Babineaux, Sean Considine, Dallas Clark, Shonn Greene and many others. These players listed not only were great college players, many garnering national awards, but also all are starters in the NFL along with many others. Iowa has a significant history doing it.

Well with this coaching staff that remains to be seen. It helps having the same coach for 11 or 12 years.

For the original post:
1. Bleacher report, while entertaining, is hardly a credible national news source.
2. We have 13 recruits, not 8. It looks like they just checked scout quickly to see.
3. Remember that these kids have yet to finish their senior year of highschool football and probably haven't been evaluated by Scout since the season started.
4. These are the first recruits that we have gone after. They fit the system that our coaching staff wants to run and they were first choices so I will trust our staff. A main focus of this class is speed. A lot of the guys we have gone after have all the skills and talent needed, but are undersized. Development is as important as recruiting especially early on in a program. I would figure Iowa fans would know that more than most. You have a pretty good history of developing unknowns into very good football players.

Hate to say it but that is true.

If we had any of the guys from isu's class, there would be 50 posts that use names like Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders.

The problem is having a whole class of them that you HAVE to count on, rather than taking a risk on 2-3.

Stupid? You are the that doesn't know what they are talking about.

We have 13 commits to date. Not 8. But keep talking because I enjoy making you look like an idiot

Fail, when asking someone if something is stupid, make sure you don't omit words in the next sentence to prove their point. Sorry couldn't resist.

I know. It only works for Iowa to go into small towns in the midwest and pull out good players. No other program can do it. If Iowa got Jevohn Miller from Brooklyn I guarantee you people would love him. But since he has no stars and is going to ISU....he sucks.

this is terrible but i cannot help myself.....

-hold onto your wallets.