Iowa State predictions

HawkeyeDenis

I was listening to a You tuber postulate that Iowa State would win 7-9 games this year. Sounds a bit high to me. Yes they return their entire offensive line, most of their defense but still 9 games?

My response was 5-6 games.

Just because they have their OLine back, doesn't mean it's that much improved.
OLine coach was a GA less than a yr. ago. Will bet w/ old OC back, Campbell spends a lot of time w/ OLine.

Like most teams, if say AJE slams Purdy out for the season in the 1st quarter, seasons can flip pretty quick.

That is a very, very favorable schedule. The two toughest teams they play are at home...Iowa and Texas. You couldn't ask for more. ISU plays defense...it's what has allowed them to have a winning record in conference two years in a row...THE FIRST TIME IN SCHOOL HISTORY. LMFAO.

That stat is never going to get old. I hope they have a losing record in conference this year so the streak stops...but it's just a hilarious stat. I'm sure that ISU fans think this must be an alternative fact cooked up by the Trump Administration...but Fact Checker.org says it's TRUE.

That is a very, very favorable schedule. The two toughest teams they play are at home...Iowa and Texas. You couldn't ask for more. ISU plays defense...it's what has allowed them to have a winning record in conference two years in a row...THE FIRST TIME IN SCHOOL HISTORY. LMFAO.

That stat is never going to get old. I hope they have a losing record in conference this year so the streak stops...but it's just a hilarious stat. I'm sure that ISU fans think this must be an alternative fact cooked up by the Trump Administration...but Fact Checker.org says it's TRUE.
It is not a streak until they do it 3 times in a row.

6-6 or 7-5, with a ceiling of 8-4 if they get very lucky. Their losses will be very tough, Purdy looked like an all star because of those around him. This year he will be average, and there about a 60% chance he gets replaced mid season in typical Clown style. I think we beat them by one or two scores, maybe more if Purdy gets laid out half a dozen times in the first half. Fans have the Cheez it bowl to look forward to.

ISU will win 8, favorable schedule. Unfortunately I see us being one of those Ws. We're due to drop a deuce in this game...it happens periodically. If not, they win 7

I think we beat them but I think they will get better as the season goes along and they figure out how best to replace Montgomery and Butler. Purdy wasn't nearly as good the last 4 or 5 games of the season once there was tape on him. I'm curious to see how he does without the best RB and WR in school history bailing him out.

ISU will win 8, favorable schedule. Unfortunately I see us being one of those Ws. We're due to drop a deuce in this game...it happens periodically. If not, they win 7
What tangible improvement does the team that scored 3 against us last year have that would allow them to win? The last time the game was close we had a freshman Offensive Coordinator and a new starting quarterback. Obviously the game is in Clown Town, but otherwise?

What tangible improvement does the team that scored 3 against us last year have that would allow them to win? The last time the game was close we had a freshman Offensive Coordinator and a new starting quarterback. Obviously the game is in Clown Town, but otherwise?

Fair question. I'm not going with any measurable metric...just the rivalry angle, we're playing up there, and you know Campbell has this one on his radar...especially with the extra week to prepare. He needs to beat IOWA to build his profile. (note: yes, they only scored 3 last year, but we only scored 13...at home)

That said, I could still see us winning by 20. But this game is always a wild card.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

02f82e3d4b69e5dacdb178c525b946f3--iowa-state-football-game-isu-football.jpg

Then we kick their ass again by 14-17.

P.S.......The one in the suit with the pie in the face is Campbell.

Last edited:
I think iowa loses to Iowa state this year in route to 8-4, this is ISUs super bowl, it’s at home and they actually have a decent defense. If this game were in November I’d take Iowa, but Iowa notoriously starts slow.

I think iowa loses to Iowa state this year in route to 8-4, this is ISUs super bowl, it’s at home and they actually have a decent defense. If this game were in November I’d take Iowa, but Iowa notoriously starts slow.

I get your perspective...but I have a feeling our defense is going to be special. It's not just the front line...our linebackers and corners now have experience. Stone and Merriweather at safety sounds pretty promising too. Iowa is going to have some serious team speed...especially in the CASH grouping.

ISU is going to prepare for the Iowa power game which we continued to pound last year. I have a feeling this may be a game where BF let's Stanley win it with his arm. Don't get me wrong...we will run the ball, but I think we are going to be throwing on first down alot. ISU just absolutely loaded the box last year...and every outside zone saw penetration. I think we have a little more wide open game plan. Sr. QB, experience at OT...screams let's throw it downfield to me.

I think we beat them, but they go on to have a very good year.
I also think we beat Michigan and they go on to have a good year.
PSU is the one I'm thinking could be a tough one.
I think we beat Wisconsin.
The only other question is, can we win the "easier" games?

Latest posts