Iowa State Game Predictions

Iowa will be up for this game. It is their super bowl according to their players comments and how much emphasis Ferentz puts on this game in the off season. So I will say Iowa 31-17

Sweet! I would love it if Kirk made this Iowa's superbowl. Wouldn't have to deal with douchy ISU fans at my workplace when he wins it every year.

Sweet! I would love it if Kirk made this Iowa's superbowl. Wouldn't have to deal with douchy ISU fans at my workplace when he wins it every year.

What do you mean "if." You are a Hawk fan. You follow the team. Don't you read the players quotes? They often say that they team they focus and talk about the most is Iowa State. Ferentz hates that he kept losing to them and has made it his super bowl lately.

***see how idiotic that sounds? ;)

What do you mean "if." You are a Hawk fan. You follow the team. Don't you read the players quotes? They often say that they team they focus and talk about the most is Iowa State. Ferentz hates that he kept losing to them and has made it his super bowl lately.

Why? I will go on record that this is one game I can't stand to lose and I hope with all my might that Kirk drills it into each of his players heads that losing to ISU will never be tolerated. This statement will sound weird but it sums up my feelings. I not looking for Iowa to beat ISU I just don't want Iowa to lose to them.

On a side note the difference between Kirk getting his players up for ISU compared to McCarney is that Kirk can still get his guys to move forward after the game is over. McCarney would get his players massively amped for the Iowa game then they would **** the rest of the season down their legs.

ISU, is really going to struggle in the passing game. New guy at QB who's still very much getting his feet under him. This could be another multiple int game for the Hawkeye defense. The big ISU OL will probably find make some running lanes for a still developing DL, but the interior of the line is inexperienced and that should negate much of the tackles size and experience. The Iowa LB's look solid and should compensate for the DL's relative weakness. Defensively they're more experienced and have to be slightly embolden by the fact that Iowa didn't look impressive against TTU running the football except when McCall was in there. That said, I think you'll see a big game from Coker. He fumbled twice in a torrential downpour was pulled and never found his rhythm. He'll be eager to play well Saturday, and his offensive line should dominate the LOS against a weak ISU DL. Vandenberg should have plenty of time to find recievers if Iowa picks up the blitz effectively. The real strength of the ISU defense is their talented LB corp. They, and a experienced backfield my help to keep Iowa from pulling away early, but I suspect by late third-early fourth quarter this will be a double-digit game for the Hawkeyes. Final score: Iowa 24 ISU 14.

ISU, is really going to struggle in the passing game. New guy at QB who's still very much getting his feet under him. This could be another multiple int game for the Hawkeye defense. The big ISU OL will probably find make some running lanes for a still developing DL, but the interior of the line is inexperienced and that should negate much of the tackles size and experience. The Iowa LB's look solid and should compensate for the DL's relative weakness. Defensively they're more experienced and have to be slightly embolden by the fact that Iowa didn't look impressive against TTU running the football except when McCall was in there. That said, I think you'll see a big game from Coker. He fumbled twice in a torrential downpour was pulled and never found his rhythm. He'll be eager to play well Saturday, and his offensive line should dominate the LOS against a weak ISU DL. Vandenberg should have plenty of time to find recievers if Iowa picks up the blitz effectively. The real strength of the ISU defense is their talented LB corp. They, and a experienced backfield my help to keep Iowa from pulling away early, but I suspect by late third-early fourth quarter this will be a double-digit game for the Hawkeyes. Final score: Iowa 24 ISU 14.

You apparently didn't hear or read about the ISU/UNI game did you? Their OLine was dreadful at best. Even their sideline reporter on the radio broadcast was calling them out. Posters on CyFan think this is their worst OLine in over 20 years. Even our semi-inexperienced DLine should spend a lot of time in their backfield.

To break things down a bit here Iowa has won 6 out of the last 8 meetings, both losses in Ames and both to decent ISU teams.

The 2005 Game was the only big upset and while it was a bit of a harbinger of the season to come and a decline in the program it was still an upset and no excuses, ISU whipped our ***.

The 2007 Game can hardly be called an upset as our team was very mediocre and featured the immortal Jake Christensen.

Then if we want to discuss the 1998-2002 years, 1998-2000 was one of the low points of Iowa Football History and 1998-2002 happened to be the apex of the Cyclone football. Only 2002 were we clearly a better team (although we had not gelled at that point and nobody had any idea we would be that good.).

So what I am looking at is twice in the last 14 years has ISU been able to overcome much more talented Iowa team by being more "up" for the game or whatever you want to call it.

This whole "superbowl" theory is overblown.

You apparently didn't hear or read about the ISU/UNI game did you? Their OLine was dreadful at best. Even their sideline reporter on the radio broadcast was calling them out. Posters on CyFan think this is their worst OLine in over 20 years. Even our semi-inexperienced DLine should spend a lot of time in their backfield.

Really unlikely they play that badly two games in a row. I don't think their OL will win the LOS, but they do have good tackles. Even if they didn't play that way versus NIU.

To break things down a bit here Iowa has won 6 out of the last 8 meetings, both losses in Ames and both to decent ISU teams.

The 2005 Game was the only big upset and while it was a bit of a harbinger of the season to come and a decline in the program it was still an upset and no excuses, ISU whipped our ***.

The 2007 Game can hardly be called an upset as our team was very mediocre and featured the immortal Jake Christensen.

Then if we want to discuss the 1998-2002 years, 1998-2000 was one of the low points of Iowa Football History and 1998-2002 happened to be the apex of the Cyclone football. Only 2002 were we clearly a better team (although we had not gelled at that point and nobody had any idea we would be that good.).

So what I am looking at is twice in the last 14 years has ISU been able to overcome much more talented Iowa team by being more "up" for the game or whatever you want to call it.

This whole "superbowl" theory is overblown.

good job here.

Iowa will be up for this game. It is their super bowl according to their players comments and how much emphasis Ferentz puts on this game in the off season. So I will say Iowa 31-17

Iowa State=Iowa's superbowl? Rediculus. Kirk puts emphisis on every game even tune up games before the B10 season starts. Thats because Iowa actually contends for the B10 championship unlike some bottom feeding B12 team.

Iowa 37-7.

"Cycluns is fiddin' to win this a-here game now. Look fer a strong a-fightin team with an eye for a victora. A shirmel der for to bert mop the fernsted. Cycluns win." - Paul Rhodes 09/03/2011 in reference to upcoming game with The University of Iowa.

"Cycluns is fiddin' to win this a-here game now. Look fer a strong a-fightin team with an eye for a victora. A shirmel der for to bert mop the fernsted. Cycluns win." - Paul Rhodes 09/03/2011 in reference to upcoming game with The University of Iowa.

so damn good needs some translation........

ISU will play much better, and it will be close. Iowa 24 ISU 20. Any win on the road vs a BCS rival is a good win. Just win ,hawks!

Its worse for us to lose. you see the entire world views you as a mid major program. It is VERY embarassing to lose to the CLOWNs. It would be equivalent to you guys losing to Drake.

LMAO!
Excellent post.

My take on ISU's O-line: Broderick "Dumpster" Binns spends the afternoon taking out the Cyclone trash and gets 2 sacks, 3 TFL's, and a forced fumble. Another O-lineman for ISU loses 3 fingers when Mike Daniels eats them during an illegal hands to the face.