Iowa State and Iowa: Swap Schedules

Haverhill

This question was brought up on Soundoff. If Iowa State and Iowa swap schedules, how do they do?

Iowa State

Northern Illinois
(Cyhawk Game)
Kansas State @ Arrowhead
Northern Iowa
Texas Tech
Utah
@Oklahoma
@Texas
Kansas
Nebraska
@Colorado
Missouri

Iowa

Eastern Illinois
(Cyhawk Game)
@Arizona
Ball State
Penn State
@Michigan
Wisconsin
Michigan State
@Indiana
@Northwestern
Ohio State
@Minnesota

Now swap schedules.

Iowa wins the first five, Utah is tough but we win, we split Oklahoma and Texas (more likely to beat Texas), beat KU, Neb is another tough win, beat CU, beat Mizzou

so we go 11-1 at best (OU or UT), 8-4 at worst (Utah, OU, UT, Neb)

ISU goes W, L, L, W, L, L, L, split MSU and IU, L, L, W

I got ISU at 4-8

Nebraska would win 11 games with Iowa's schedule. A loss would come either with tOSU or maybe Wisky or Michigan.

Nebraska would win 11 games with Iowa's schedule. A loss would come either with tOSU or maybe Wisky or Michigan.
you say Nebraska will win 11 games, then you say they could lose to OSU, Wisconsin and Michigan. Which is it 11 wins or could be 9-3?

I can say the same thing about Iowa...if we played Nebraska's schedule we should really be 11-1...the ONLY team that you guys could/should lose to on that schedule is Texas.

EXCEPT not so fast my friends...I have IDAHO pushing Nebraska to the brink and possibly taking care of business in Lincoln this fall! Heard it here first.

(Sidenote...I DID predict UNI over Kansas. In my bracket I had them making it past Kansas then losing...I mean not bragging or anything...but I guess what I'm trying to say is my username should probably be The-Truth)

Iowa 10-2
ISU 4-8

I have ISU 6-6 against their own schedule...and that was beating NIU, Utah and UNI in the non-conf.

Nebraska isn't going to win 11 games with the schedule they have now.

But as far as the OP goes, who cares? ISU fans have been playing the "we would do so much better with Iowa's schedule" card for years now. Why does it matter?

Nebraska isn't going to win 11 games with the schedule they have now.

But as far as the OP goes, who cares? ISU fans have been playing the "we would do so much better with Iowa's schedule" card for years now. Why does it matter?

It doesn't. Complete waste of time, actually.

Iowa 10-2
ISU 4-8

I have ISU 6-6 against their own schedule...and that was beating NIU, Utah and UNI in the non-conf.

Winning ALL 3 of those non-conference games?

I think they'll have a tough time winning one of them. I don't follow UNI that closely, but I think ISU is fortunate that UNI (if I remember correctly) loses their whole or nearly whole OL and their QB.....

Northern Illinois and Utah? If ISU beats either of those teams those will be big wins for ISU.

Latest posts