Iowa State 2011 = Iowa 2009

I'm not saying they WILL go 10-2 but 8-4/9-3 isn't far fetched. Watching how they play late in the game even though they come out flat is a lot like Iowa in 2009. They also have a clutch QB that drives you nuts with his decisions like Iowa had in 2009. Their toughest games (except OK) are all at home. Iowa fans out of all fans should know how difficult it is to win in Ames. I say they go 9-3. Lose @ Missouri, @ Oklahoma and at home to Oklahoma State. TT, Kansas and KSU are horrible. Texas A&M will be their big upset at home. Texas is a mess (a lot like UCONN with under-performing talent). Baylor has no defense.

7-5? I can see that. But that is as far as it goes. The TO(s), the penalties, no FG kicker, at some point ISU will have to pay the price for this, likely it will be more than once.

If ISU wins more than 8 games this year. Someone will come sniffing around in Ames lookin to pull Paul away.

To be fair, players in the NFL don't mean s**t in this discussion.

If someone is going to make the idiotic comparison it absolutely does matter.

ISU has a midget, excuse me a little person at corner for the love of gawd.

I'll bet $100 that they go win 7 or more games. PayPal?

There is too much uncertainty to pick for certain they go 9-3 but think they can easily win 7 games or more.

No, you said they will go 9-3, so you don't want to bet because you are full of $hit.

Hell I even think they have an outside chance at 7, but no way in hell they win 9 and that is what you said.

There are some similarities, a QB that throws some bonehead picks and yet does enough to win the game, and pulling wins out of their a**.

That being said they are not Iowa 2009. They might just go on to have a good season and play in a decent bowl game but I think that is the ceiling for them. If they're even luckier than the 09' team they might sneak their way into a upper level bowl. We'll just have to wait and see.

They don't have a FG kicker but... did we have a good one in 09'?

No, you said they will go 9-3, so you don't want to bet because you are full of $hit.

Hell I even think they have an outside chance at 7, but no way in hell they win 9 and that is what you said.

Okay, 8-4. Think for sure they lose to OSU, OK and Mizzou. Then a game where they blow it or shouldn't lose. 8-4 would be the biggest story in college football. Heck, even Iowa will be lucky to go 8-4 this season. Many were picking that BEFORE Saturday's display and some even have Iowa with a losing record now.

Eight wins and that would include a bowl win. At least I'm willing to bet something on here.

Last edited:
Okay, 8-4. Think for sure they lose to OSU, OK and Mizzou. Then a game where they blow it or shouldn't lose. 8-4 would be the biggest story in college football. Heck, even Iowa will be lucky to go 8-4 this season. Many were picking that BEFORE Saturday's display and some even have Iowa with a losing record now.

Eight wins (and that would include a bowl win).

So you're really saying seven wins.

8-4 and 9-3 IS FAR FETCHED. We just got done with our 3 easiest games. We only have 1 game the rest of the way that we will be favored in. 6 wins is still going to be tough

There are some similarities, a QB that throws some bonehead picks and yet does enough to win the game, and pulling wins out of their a**.

That being said they are not Iowa 2009. They might just go on to have a good season and play in a decent bowl game but I think that is the ceiling for them. If they're even luckier than the 09' team they might sneak their way into a upper level bowl. We'll just have to wait and see.

They don't have a FG kicker but... did we have a good one in 09'?

Did you ever need one?

If someone is going to make the idiotic comparison it absolutely does matter.

ISU has a midget, excuse me a little person at corner for the love of gawd.

Yeah, they do have a 5'7" guy playing corner. Unfortunately for us, we found out that the "midget" can jump like crazy. I've read that Reeves (the midget) can dunk, Spud Webb style.

Eight wins and that would include a bowl win. At least I'm willing to bet something on here.

So how is going 8-5 with a bowl win different then going 7-5 in the regular season? :rolleyes:

We bet on the 9-3 like you said in the first place or you just needs to admit your an idiot and just stirring the pot.

I say they are ganna get smacked in the mouth when Texas rolls in. Nd then isu drops 4 in a row after the Texas loss , then splitting KSU nd KU, then loose to ok. St nd Okla. Finish with 4-5 wins, again it's Iowa St we're talking about, Jantz won't always be able to save the clowns in the 4th like he has. Big twelve is ganna murder him and ISU.