Iowa signs what is considered one of the best players in the portal available

Andy Katz, who is typically a pretty big Fran guy, has Iowa picked to finished 13th next year. Like, that can't happen. You can do that shit at Ohio State or Wisconsin and bounce back fine, but if Iowa does it we're at risk of being Penn State or Nebraska.
Yea, I don't see that.

I believe Brock Harding is a little underrated

With a little seasoning, he will be a quite capable point guard

He has attitude and solid playmaking skills
During Moline's 4A title run, Harding was the straw that stirred the drink, not Freeman.

Not that Freeman was chopped liver, but for example, Harding took over in the title game when Freeman was getting triple-teamed. He was a four-year starter for a school that plays in a very competitive Western Big-6 conference (Moline, Rock Island, Galesburg, Sterling, Geneseo, Quincy, Alleman, UT). They went undefeated this year in conference play....a rarity.

4A Illinois basketball is nothing to sneeze at and probably trumps Iowa's 4A schools most years.

Last edited:
I also bet he plays 2 more years at Iowa much like his brother

I know Iowa is losing a lot this year and IMO, a program like Iowa is just not set up to absorb Jr.'s leaving early for the NBA and not miss a beat (Tyler Cook, Joe W, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray since 19-20 season) but I am really hopeful we can get a couple of bigs and still be competitive (bubble or better next year). I really do, because basketball can fall off quick. If we finish 12th or 13th or something next year, players jump, look for better spots and also, the fan base won't be able to absorb it either. As in, Carver gets emptier and NIL likely doesn't get better, maybe worse.

Iowa can't afford to dip or it could be very bad. Thankful we have Perk, Patrick, Sandfort and Dix to kind of build around and barring any more departures, that's a pretty good nucleus coming into next season that Fran can work with.
Yeah so far we've replaced Rebraca with this Krikke guy pound for pound production wise they should be similar. But how do we replace Murray without another Murray? Literally I mean between him Connor and Ulis we are losing about 25-30 pts a game right? Well whatever pg we use should replace Ulis positively I would hope.

if Sandfort is going to be expected to make a huge jump in mins and production I hope we temper our expectations. Feels like he'll be given the chance if for no other reason then who else would it be? PM isn't built for it hard to know what to expect from him. Perk same thing when he's great he's awesome but he can disappear too. The rest are all but unknown. It'll take some unknown commodities making some large impacts to not be in the bottom 5 of the league this yr I think

Yeah so far we've replaced Rebraca with this Krikke guy pound for pound production wise they should be similar. But how do we replace Murray without another Murray? Literally I mean between him Connor and Ulis we are losing about 25-30 pts a game right? Well whatever pg we use should replace Ulis positively I would hope.
Hire Phil Parker as a defensive consultant

Hire Phil Parker as a defensive consultant
Sounds like Iowa swung and missed on kid named Minor that is a bit of a defensive guy. He is leaning towards VA from what I heard yesterday. 6'8 240lb kid from Merrimack. But yeah if we thought last yrs group struggled on D.... Wait till next yr

Sometimes it takes bigs longer to develop, Les Jepsen looked like a washout and ended up having a brief NBA career if I'm not mistaken.
No doubt it takes bigs longer to develop, but we we can't bank on unproven to produce in year 3 when we haven't seen them do much of anything in year 2. If he does develop then it's a bonus, but potential means absolutely nothing until you start seeing results. I hope I'm wrong and would truly love to see him have a great year, but at this point we simply can't count on it.