Iowa signee Ingram to play in Indiana-Kentucky All-Star games; Des Moines Register

HawkeyeHypnosis

Iowa signee Ingram to play in Indiana-Kentucky All-Star games | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

From article:

“He was the best player on the floor that day, and that’s what happens a lot of times with him, and that’s what I love about him, McCaffery said. “He’s going to come here hungry, thankful for the opportunity. He wanted to play in the Big Ten, and he’s going to get that chance.â€

Ironically, Ingram’s prep career will end in the same arena where McCaffery first saw him play, Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Ingram, who averaged 16.8 points as a senior, is one of 13 players named to the Indianapolis Star Indiana All-Star team.

Re: Iowa signee Ingram to play in Indiana-Kentucky All-Star games; Des Moines Registe

Time for another Iowa signee to be MVP against a Kentucky all-star team.

Re: Iowa signee Ingram to play in Indiana-Kentucky All-Star games; Des Moines Registe

Time for another Iowa signee to be MVP against a Kentucky all-star team.

That would be sweet. Ingram will have a chance to shine. It will be good to see what he can do. This is a great opportunity to show his skills against some great talent. Every player will be high D1 talent.

I didn't realize Majerus had offered him a scholarship. That's telling. He has a pretty good eye for talent, too.

Good for Ingram...I hope he kicks some a$$ while he's there.

My wife has a cousin who has been invited to try out for the Kentucky all-star team. So, if he makes the squad, we will be in Louisville to watch the first game of the series. So, I will have 2 reasons to watch the game.

My wife has a cousin who has been invited to try out for the Kentucky all-star team. So, if he makes the squad, we will be in Louisville to watch the first game of the series. So, I will have 2 reasons to watch the game.

Nice! If that happens you'll be in charge of a first hand scouting report!

Fran is not afraid to place a lot of praise on incoming recruits. I just worry that it leads to peoples expectations being set too high.

Fran is not afraid to place a lot of praise on incoming recruits. I just worry that it leads to peoples expectations being set too high.

Most seem to have no expectation of Ingram.

He heaped praise on White, Ogelsby, and Olaseni. One turned out awesome, one struggled, and one was OK.

Overall I like the way he motivates his kids. They see what he says in the media, and it has to make them feel good and confident that their coach believes in them and their abilities. At the same time, he will jump their sh!t in a heartbeat when they aren't doing things the right way, or with the right effort. So far the results are proving that Fran knows how to deal with these kids....

I agree, but Fran isn't shy about propping up his guys.

I look at it like this, Fran hasn't been one who lacks confidence and that is something Iowa needed, a boisterous coach. He is still changing the mindset of the program and the perception.

When Iowa lost to MSU in the BTT a sports radio station called Iowa a "bad" team...Iowa wasn't a bad team; they just had teams they matched up badly too and MSU was one the DJ was an MSU fan...

Perception is still something that is changing; quite frankly, this particular DJ is a jacknut and a very arrogant MSU fan, so you kind of have to take it for what it is worth, but it is still out there.

Fran is emphasizing confidence in his players and program, not a bad thing.

He heaped praise on White, Ogelsby, and Olaseni. One turned out awesome, one struggled, and one was OK.

Overall I like the way he motivates his kids. They see what he says in the media, and it has to make them feel good and confident that their coach believes in them and their abilities. At the same time, he will jump their sh!t in a heartbeat when they aren't doing things the right way, or with the right effort. So far the results are proving that Fran knows how to deal with these kids....

Last I checked White, Ogelsby, and Olaseni all still have plenty of time to live up to that praise. One had an awesome freshman year, the other two showed flashes and promise.

I look at it like this, Fran hasn't been one who lacks confidence and that is something Iowa needed, a boisterous coach. He is still changing the mindset of the program and the perception.

When Iowa lost to MSU in the BTT a sports radio station called Iowa a "bad" team...Iowa wasn't a bad team; they just had teams they matched up badly too and MSU was one the DJ was an MSU fan...

Perception is still something that is changing; quite frankly, this particular DJ is a jacknut and a very arrogant MSU fan, so you kind of have to take it for what it is worth, but it is still out there.

Fran is emphasizing confidence in his players and program, not a bad thing.

O, I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing, but I do worry that it makes people think Olesani will average double doubles, haha.

O, I don't necessarily think it is a bad thing, but I do worry that it makes people think Olesani will average double doubles, haha.

Check back for his Senior season, let's hope he is averaging a double/double for that National Championship team :).

The one person that thought that is now banned, I really didn't see too many unreal expectations for Iowa's freshman out there. Probably the worst one is mine that I predicted Woodbury may average a little over 9 rpg, not my best prediction, but what the hell?

you know the double double prediction was bad. but the worst prediction had to be about blocked shots. didnt herby have olaseni at like 4 or 5 blocks per game? that is anthony davis numbers and extremely rare.

you know the double double prediction was bad. but the worst prediction had to be about blocked shots. didnt herby have olaseni at like 4 or 5 blocks per game? that is anthony davis numbers and extremely rare.

Yes it was, there are just not a lot of players that average a double double in the college game. Most that do are mid-major players.
What's Iowa's history of players that average double double's?

Latest posts