Iowa should be Big 10 favorites in 22/23

ClintonIAfan

Iowa should be national preseason top 10 and big 10 favorites in 2022/2023. Everyone will return except for Cook and Taiwo. Sharon Goodman will be back from her injury, so Iowa will have tremendous interior depth. On top of that they have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation coming in that includes the players of the year in both Iowa and Nebraska.

No doubt I will renew my season ticket to see another great season of Hawkeye basketball. One game I am circling most is the game against the clowns who lucked out this year, but the Hawkeyes will crush them next year!

I think you are correct. Might look for the Hawks to play Addison some at the 4 with Sharon back. Addison was a 4 in HS and putting her there would help our rebounding. I would also expect more from Kylie since she’s been in the program a year.

The 2nd team will be so dynamic, it might also be hard to keep Hannah Stuelke out of the starting lineup. From what I see she is that good.

I would expect both Hannah and Taylor McCabe to earn minutes, but it takes time to learn the defense and both Sydney and A.J. have a year in the system. We will see how much they improve.

That's right Taylor McCabe is not only Nebraska player of the year, she is also the all time best 3 point shooter in Nebraska. The coaching staff is doing a great job recruiting high level talent.

That's right Taylor McCabe is not only Nebraska player of the year, she is also the all time best 3 point shooter in Nebraska. The coaching staff is doing a great job recruiting high level talent.
Are you serious...we are, outside of 2 players, one of the most unathletic teams in the B1G. We have NO DEFENSIVE IDENTITY, take Clark and Cziano off the floor you have a decent D2 team. McCabe is not ready for big time ball yet. Until this staff commits to defense, and hits the portal for athleticism we will be a 1 and done in the big dance. Why is this staff not looking for long and athletic players that want to play with Caitlin.

Are you serious...we are, outside of 2 players, one of the most unathletic teams in the B1G. We have NO DEFENSIVE IDENTITY, take Clark and Cziano off the floor you have a decent D2 team. McCabe is not ready for big time ball yet. Until this staff commits to defense, and hits the portal for athleticism we will be a 1 and done in the big dance. Why is this staff not looking for long and athletic players that want to play with Caitlin.
Didn't we just go to the sweet 16 last year with the same "unathletic" team?

Can someone give some insight on the new players next year? Including the one coming back from injury?

It's my understanding Iowa has a heck of a recruiting class coming in. I don't know where it ranks and all (I don't even know where to find stuff like that) but it sounds legit.

We have 3 of the top 90 girls in the country coming in. We just lack that size that the truly elite teams have the 6-5 to 6-7 girls and would be nice if we had another guard that can take over a game if Caitlin is struggling like she was against Creighton.

We have 3 of the top 90 girls in the country coming in. We just lack that size that the truly elite teams have the 6-5 to 6-7 girls and would be nice if we had another guard that can take over a game if Caitlin is struggling like she was against Creighton.
Disagree, size is nice but SPEED KILLS. Our role players are SLOW and struggle to rebound. We need speed and the ability to defend the bounce, and athleticism to rebound. Another slow 6' 3" girl does nothing

ISU ARTICLE...we aren't alone and I despise ISU
https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://www.kcci.com/article/iowa-state-cyclone-super-sophomores-have-bright-future/39516244&h=AT3YIaw_wHgndNkfgm1PLE0Y49Tmfk8JRvPj8ZQQE83wcm7hv9TkNgBI9HQzAvWeSTslRBIrLaraU73iVEBZWoCx2Dt6rlsnpNO5jTaJzd8G_l8vXT4Z_Vg7ST8vd5jSVOBQ

Hate to say it but we have had great classes for the last 5 years...

So WTF are you bitching about???? Iowa has had a lot of success the past 5 years as well and has another top recruiting class coming in. Perhaps you have an unrealistic expectation of what athletic women basketball players look like.

Outside of Clark there is speed on this team, Martin has quite a bit of speed and Gabby is a beast defensively, she's damn quick as well. Didn't you claim to be a coach at some point? If you cannot identify speed on a women's basketball team then I question your ability to judge talent. Identifying speed on a women's team is vastly different than men. Without Clark this team would not be a D2 like you claim.

Disagree, size is nice but SPEED KILLS. Our role players are SLOW and struggle to rebound. We need speed and the ability to defend the bounce, and athleticism to rebound. Another slow 6' 3" girl does nothing
If we watched the elite 8 games you would understand how much size matters. In the womens game size matters more then anything.

After watching the truly elite womens teams holy shit does Iowa have along way to go before their on that level. The size is just crazy how much that matters. South Carolina i swear got every rebound and then Stanford has 6'1 to 6'6 girls just rolling out there 6'4 girl bringing the ball up the court. Clark is the only girl that could play on them elite teams. Cizano would be a bench player but shes undersized for those elite teams.

Everyone that is betting against this team will be proven wrong next year. This team will have 10 players 6'0" or taller. It will be one of the largest and deepest and most experienced teams that they have had. Even Iowa's final 4 team only had 7 players 6'0" or taller. They beat #2 Tennessee and were just 1 point from going to the championship game.