Iowa @ Rutgers game thread.

Jbo must have some serious dirt on Fran. He is a liability and he is still starting and getting serious minutes. Needs to be benched for Kris.
Yeah, I don’t get it. Jbo seems to have almost an entitlement approach — hey, I’m breaking all these records so I deserve to play and get an extra year. Between that and his NIL activism, he seems to have lost focus on playing and shooting.

He’s no longer Mr. Automatic from beyond the arc. He has lost his touch. Until he regains it, he needs to be benched.

I'm not sure Iowa's offensive woes end with this game. If Bohannan, PMac, Kris Murray, Perkins, et al continue to shoot 3s as they have a couple games lately, scoring is going to be tough to come by. PMac and Kris M especially need to put up about 500 three-pt shots per day in the off-season...they are both being given 3-4 wide open 3s/game...and not knocking down nearly enough of them lately. (Kris' blow-up game notwithstanding.)

ugly game, weird foul at the end- saw on twitter the same guy called a questionable foul at the end of NW/Wisc last night- not his fault Iowa lost but a shit foul call is a shit foul call

Get anything from the 2 spot and Iowa wins this going away. JBo and Perk are both in a funk. One of these dudes will eventually have to show up
People don’t get it that JBo rarely plays well against teams with athletic guards. I also watched him stand there and let guys cut to the hoop without helping multiple times. When I bag on JBo for his defense it’s because defense is about effort and laying it out there for your team. JBo doesn’t do that on defense especially when he isn’t shooting well.

I get tired of people acting like Bohannon is the only person on the team at the defensive end. I see a number of guys that give up strait line drives to the rim every game, not just Bohannon. Until Fran demands guys get in a stance and play defense, it is not going to change.

We didn’t lose last night because of a Jordan’s D, we actually lost because of his O. He has to hit those 3’s
We also missed 5 FTs by capable shooters with one of them being a front end of a 1&1... Make 3 more of those and Jordan just hits 1 more 3 and it doesn't come down to what it did.

Rutgers is going to get too much credit for how good their D was. Iowa missed open looks and their shot selection was terrible throughout. Too many possessions they waited till the end of the shot clock to do something and way too many of them didn't include Murray getting a touch.

We lost because of Rutger’s D.

That was actually the main reason we lost

Other than the horrid referees

Our D was really solid, as good as it has been all season

I am fairly certain that not One Hawk fan thought we would go undefeated

The rest of the Big Season

Haven't road games in the Big Ten been difficult for every team in the conference

I see that Bohannon wasn't the only Hawk who had a poor shooting night

The team was: 17-61 from the field: That is 27.9 %

Rutgers shot a bit better: 18-58; That is 31 %

Both Coach McCaffery and a couple players were quoted as touting Rutgers D after the game. Shot selection, shooting late into the clock, penetration minimal, low % jumpers, keeping Murray at bay for the most part, etc.........all a part of some very good D. Don't think a single IA player shot their seasonal avg. other than Toussaint.............all about cause & effect.

Did I mention 10 blocked shots?

I see that Bohannon wasn't the only Hawk who had a poor shooting night

No, all the blame does not rest on Bohannon. But I can recall 3 wide open three point attempts that he missed and 2 of them was with no one within 5 feet of him and he airballed 1 of them. Even the best 3 point shooters in the nation is capable of missing a wide open 3 but not 3 of them. I can't think of a time I've ever witnessed JBo miss that many 3's where he was that wide open, let alone airball it. Then again up until a few games ago I've never witness him missing 3 free throws in a row. This is why I'm so critical of him right now. I am probably wrong about this but I get the impression he's not spending that extra time in the gym working on his shot.

JBo has made a nice college career for himself making those clutch shots. He's not that guy anymore.

We also missed 5 FTs by capable shooters with one of them being a front end of a 1&1... Make 3 more of those and Jordan just hits 1 more 3 and it doesn't come down to what it did.

Rutgers is going to get too much credit for how good their D was. Iowa missed open looks and their shot selection was terrible throughout. Too many possessions they waited till the end of the shot clock to do something and way too many of them didn't include Murray getting a touch.

Seemed like we weren't even looking to get the ball to Keegan

Especially at the start of a possession when he would be open on the wings

Leading scorer in America and we don't/can't get the Damn Basketball to him

WTF

We rebounded well the first half when the zebras wouldn't let rutgers get away
with blatant thuggery

Piss Poor officiating began with the last play of the first half and ended Fittingly with
the last two plays involving Keegan, the foul called on him defending Harper and the
foul that wasn't called on Connors inbound pass

Bastards were handed the game

Gift-Wrapped

Seemed like we weren't even looking to get the ball to Keegan

Especially at the start of a possession when he would be open on the wings

Leading scorer in America and we don't/can't get the Damn Basketball to him

WTF

We rebounded well the first half when the zebras wouldn't let rutgers get away
with blatant thuggery

Piss Poor officiating began with the last play of the first half and ended Fittingly with
the last two plays involving Keegan, the foul called on him defending Harper and the
foul that wasn't called on Connors inbound pass

Bastards were handed the game

Gift-Wrapped
Yeah and that can not continue.... I noticed that too just way way too many possessions where he wasn't getting touches. I don't care if he doesn't shoot it a million times but they need to work the offense through him. Not doing so is letting the defense off the hook. Is letting JT dribble dribble dribble a better option? I don't think so...