Iowa right back in the thick of the title hunt!

I agree but Iowa lost at HOME to an injured MSU team. Iowa hasn't won in East Lansing since 1993 and those loses were by an average of 18.3 points.

So what man!? I don't understand the point in focusing on that. Don't be a sourpuss. The point is Iowa is in this position, and as fans we should be enjoying it! It is certainly possible for Iowa to beat MSU. It doesn't matter how long it has been. The Hawks haven't been in a position like this for a long time and it's awesome. Instead of soakin it in you prefer to discuss how good MSU will be when Dawson is back... I don't understand it, but to each his own.

Too many tough games to run the table in my opinion.

However, I do think there is a chance we could tie them in the standings, but lose the tiebreaker due to them having a win against MSU and I'm anticipating a loss for the hawks at Sparty.

I'd be happy with that finish. Expecting Mich State to win the conference so we would avoid them until championship in the conference tourney.

I feel good about our chances in the big ten tourney. If we essentially tie for 2nd in regular season and find a way to win the tourney, 3 seed at worst for the big dance.

Gotta remember the Hawks have been in EVERY SINGLE GAME this season in the closing minutes.
I have no reason to believe they won't have a shot at MSU.

Unlikely things do happen. On Saturday night, Iowa is 2 gms back and the comments were about a 3-4 BTT seed. On Sunday night, after 2 upsets, Iowa is suddenly 1gm behind in a virtual tie with one of the contenders (as they still must play each other) and if MSU beats MICH, will still control their own destiny.

How excited do you think this IOWA team will be when they take the stage on Super Tuesday vs hated IU?

Get this. I actually think, outside the leaders UM and MSU, that Iowa is the only other team with a shot to sneak in for a share of the title. Wisky would almost have to win out to have any shot, and they still have the Hawks, PSU, and Nebby (suddenly dangerous) on the road. The rest of the league has too many losses to have any shot.

Hawks have a big hill to climb, but it will be a fun ride to the finish.

Final 4 > B1G title and it's not even debatable. Nobody remembers who wins the conferences, all anybody talks about is the the teams that make it further in the big dance. Just ask Washington about how great their 2012 championship was. That said, I think we can all agree winning the B1G would be pretty special, just not as special as making a run in the dance.

I agree, fans can project as far out as they want. The only problem is Iowa is very difficult to project. And the B1G in general is tough to project. Whether its the top teams being weaker than usual, the bottom teams being stronger than usual, or a combination of both, the B1G has become the "Game of Thrones" of the nation. No one is safe and there is no telling WTF will happen next.

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die." [HD] [CC] - YouTube

If it's the Game of Thrones, yesterday was the Red Wedding

If that is the case, hopefully playing Sparty in East Lansing will be like the Royal wedding, with Sparty ________ to Death. (Don't want to give away the show, so you will have to have read the books to understand)

Iowa better win tomorrow otherwise all this talk is moot. We all know Indiana is capable of playing out of their mind and Iowa is often the team that allows struggling teams/players to do that.

Just not going to set expectations that high. Always get disappointed. It's just about making the tournament right now. Iowa hasn't done that for 8 years! Then maybe in a year or two Iowa will have the horses to do bigger and better things.

We will be ready tomorrow, but so will Indiana. I'm expecting a great game; I'm excited to see the effort we put into guarding Yogi. I'm guessing the team will take it as a team challenge to hold him under the 20 mark.

Iowa only in the 'hunt' if they win @ IU, which they should. Iowa favored by what -6.5?

The only way this is in doubt is if it is a game in the 50s or low 60s and yogi ferrel scores 25, and with the standing caveat that Iowa doesn't jack up 20 3s...

Boy do I hope the Hawks come out hungry tomorrow night. Just need to bring the same gameplan as they did against PSU. Attack the paint and shoot the open 3 when it's there. No more forcing crap like they did against Ohio St. That can only get you into trouble, unless you shoot lights out like they of course brought against Michigan. These next couple of weeks are going to be fun and probably a roller coaster. Woosah my friends, Woosah!

That MSU team Iowa will play in 2 weeks will be much different than the MSU team Huskers played today. Dawson will be back and MSU will be at full strength.
A recent Detroit Free Press Article sheds some light on the inexplicable NE @MSU win. It concerns a wrist injury that has hampered Keith Appling and is getting worse. I have to say that if Appling is out for the regular season, MSU is vulnerable to every team left on their schedule except IL at home.

Keith Appling out rest of MSU regular season? Tom Izzo raises the possibility | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
From the article:
For the first time today, Tom Izzo mentioned the possibility that Keith Appling's injured right wrist could jeopardize his regular season.

Izzo said he might, at some point, have to consider "shutting him down" until the postseason if the wrist does not improve.

MSU also won't have junior forward Branden Dawson (broken hand) on Thursday, and he's uncertain for Sunday at Michigan and beyond.

Latest posts