Iowa Recruits Joe Wieskamp, C.J. Fredrick Capture Gatorade Honors

Is the state of Kentucky just not very good at baskeball? Or is this like Nunge where the people in state think way higher of him than recruiting services?

Is the state of Kentucky just not very good at baskeball? Or is this like Nunge where the people in state think way higher of him than recruiting services?

Thought the same thing. This guy had some really good offers, won GPOY in Kentucky and before CW left, was gonna walk on at Iowa. According to posters on here, Fran just took him because of a family tie and will give him preferential treatment and probably play him even if he sucks. I've been told by Iowa fans that he's slow and already a bust who isn't going to help. So, I feel like Kentucky HS basketball must be just god awful.

Thought the same thing. This guy had some really good offers, won GPOY in Kentucky and before CW left, was gonna walk on at Iowa. According to posters on here, Fran just took him because of a family tie and will give him preferential treatment and probably play him even if he sucks. I've been told by Iowa fans that he's slow and already a bust who isn't going to help. So, I feel like Kentucky HS basketball must be just god awful.

Ooooor?

I've seen somewhere that the highest rated prospect in Kentucky was in the 250 range nationally. He's a Hawkeye so he'll have my support regardless

BTW, the heights and weights for these guys were taken from the Gatorade press release. Figured I'd get that out there before that discussion started. ;)

I've seen somewhere that the highest rated prospect in Kentucky was in the 250 range nationally. He's a Hawkeye so he'll have my support regardless
I know IGC is trying to be satirical but yeah, it sounds like Kentucky HS basketball isn't that great.

I'm just going to put this out there and if it gets me banned, so be it.

Fran's teams lack diversity -- geography, race, athletic strength, speed, playing experience, backgrounds. These may be two really good players at the high school level. But I question whether they're going to contribute much to making Iowa a better team in the B1G and on the national level.

Just seems like two more of what we see a lot of in Fran Mac-recruited teams, who would be better suited to compete in the MAC than a Power 5 conference.

Fran's teams lack diversity -- geography, race, athletic strength, speed, playing experience, backgrounds. These may be two really good players at the high school level. But I question whether they're going to contribute much to making Iowa a better team in the B1G and on the national level.

Just seems like two more of what we see a lot of in Fran Mac-recruited teams, who would be better suited to compete in the MAC than a Power 5 conference.

Weiskamp will be the best 2/3 at Iowa since Ricky Davis.

a>

I know IGC is trying to be satirical but yeah, it sounds like Kentucky HS basketball isn't that great.

No, it sounds like it's pretty bad. I was trying to be snarky, but if their #1 player is ranked 250, it's hard to argue.

6 of Iowa's 13 scholarship players are African American and they have a player from Europe. The freshman and sophomore class has kids from DC, IN, MO, IL, IA and OH. How diverse do we have to be?

6 of Iowa's 13 scholarship players are African American and they have a player from Europe. The freshman and sophomore class has kids from DC, IN, MO, IL, IA and OH. How diverse do we have to be?

A lot of black guys have transferred too.

I'm really not a fan of this slow white guy narrative. It is racist, plain and simple, no matter how you couch it. It isn't not racist because its directed at white guys or its a positive stereotype of black guys and it just isn't true any way.

I'm really not a fan of this slow white guy narrative. It is racist, plain and simple, no matter how you couch it. It isn't not racist because its directed at white guys or its a positive stereotype of black guys and it just isn't true any way.

In my opinion, racist is when you treat someone different based on race. Racial profiling is when you acknowledge differences in races, which obviously exist. Just like different dog breeds have different traits, different human breads do too. Some dogs are better in cold weather. Some are better watch dogs. Some dog breeds are smaller than others. If you don't think black guys are more athletic and faster than white guys (on average) you must have never watched the NBA, NFL, or Olympics .

In my opinion, racist is when you treat someone different based on race. Racial profiling is when you acknowledge differences in races, which obviously exist. Just like different dog breeds have different traits, different human breads do too. Some dogs are better in cold weather. Some are better watch dogs. Some dog breeds are smaller than others. If you don't think black guys are more athletic and faster than white guys (on average) you must have never watched the NBA, NFL, or Olympics .
This entire post is racist. I'm sorry you don't think it is, but it is. Jimmy the Greek went down this path and it cost him his job because... its racist. It is 100% racist. It really doesn't matter what your "opinion" is. You don't get to redefine racism because you are saying racist things but don't "consider yourself a racist."

It's also racist because of the historical context of race discrimination. Historically, hand in hand with the idea that blacks are better at sports there is an underlying (and sometimes explicit) message that they are more beastial and animalistic. Also there is a historical context that conversely, blacks are intellectually inferior which still persists today when you see so few black head coaches, owners etc. You can't ignore these historical contexts.

Last edited:
This entire post is racist. I'm sorry you don't think it is, but it is. Jimmy the Greek went down this path and it cost him his job because... its racist. It is 100% racist. It really doesn't matter what your "opinion" is. You don't get to redefine racism because you are saying racist things but don't "consider yourself a racist."

It's also racist because of the historical context of race discrimination. Historically, hand in hand with the idea that blacks are better at sports there is an underlying (and sometimes explicit) message that they are more beastial and animalistic. Also there is a historical context that conversely, blacks are intellectually inferior which still persists today when you see so few black head coaches, owners etc. You can't ignore these historical contexts.

http://www.science.smith.edu/exer_sci/ESS200/Raceh/Raceh.htm

There are fewer blacks in America. Why can't that be the reason there are fewer head coaches? Also it's blatantly obvious that black people are superior (in gerneral) than white people at some things. It's a joke that that fact can't be stated without someone screaming racism. Jon laughs about teams being "too white" in his podcasts. It's fact. Now if you point at a black guy and say he will definitely be more athletic than the white guy next to him, I could see that as racist. But speaking in generalities? Come on man. What world do you live in?

Who does my statement hurt? The lonely white guy who strives to fit in at a relay?

Many people go through their lives thinking they are not racist because they are generally a good person and do not actively discriminate. That does not mean those people are not racist.

It's called casual racism. https://itstopswithme.humanrights.gov.au/what-can-you-do/speak/casual-racism Just because you think this is new fangled social justice crap doesn't make you correct.

Nor does it make you. But I suppose this isn't the thread for this so I'll be done. Sorry for hurting your feelings.