Iowa recruiting (at least) two Juco defensive players

Hmmmm ... Sheffield is playing DE in a 3-4. That could potentially translate to either strongside DE or DT in our system.

And Caldwell is being recruited explicitly at DE.

It looks to me that the coaches are explicitly trying to "patch" our DE situation.

Hmmmm ... Sheffield is playing DE in a 3-4. That could potentially translate to either strongside DE or DT in our system.

And Caldwell is being recruited explicitly at DE.

It looks to me that the coaches are explicitly trying to "patch" our DE situation.

Yes, this is good news. With the attrition the last couple of years at DL we need some immediate help.

Have to believe the Marine in particular is physically and mentally ready to play early.

The other day I said Iowa would go after 2 juco players. My comment was followed up by a reply saying "Not gonna happen"....just saying. :) I guess the world is coming to an end now that I had two predictions come true in the past two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoot27
I would assume we may look at bringing in a juco transfer

Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by goods10
We need 2 of them minimum.

Not gonna happen

When I'm wrong I'm wrong. I'll admit that. Also, I'm no recruiting guru.
I will say just because they have interest there is alpparently no offer right? I hope we get them because it would help, but who knows.

My question is this: What affect does this have on Ott, Faith, Lohn and Bevin? Does this deter them?

I hope not. Mostly since these 2 are DE mostly and those guys know they will need a year or two in the system anyway.

Glad to see we're going after JUCOs for immediate help this year and these guys look OK (epsy the ex-Marine), but I do have to ask based on their current numbers would they be much more than speed bumps in the B1G next season?

Jake Sheffield, a 6-4, 280, defensive end
Robert Caldwell, a 6-3, 248, linebacker

Glad to see we're going after JUCOs for immediate help this year and these guys look OK (epsy the ex-Marine), but I do have to ask based on their current numbers would they be much more than speed bumps in the B1G next season?

Jake Sheffield, a 6-4, 280, defensive end
Robert Caldwell, a 6-3, 248, linebacker

6-4 280 is definately big enough. Clayborn and Ballard were about that size.

248 is too light though. edit: assuming Iowa is recruiting him as a DE

Latest posts