Iowa Ranked 6th Nationally When Measuring MBB and Football Together

NorthKCHawk

Barta takes a lot of abuse on this board. Some of it deserved. But, any major college AD is primarily measured by the MBB and football programs. By that measure, Barta is doing his job and then some. Add to that a wrestling program that consistently contends for titles, a baseball program that is respectable, and a women's bb team that is nationally relevant as well.

Barta takes a lot of abuse on this board. Some of it deserved. But, any major college AD is primarily measured by the MBB and football programs. By that measure, Barta is doing his job and then some. Add to that a wrestling program that consistently contends for titles, a baseball program that is respectable, and a women's bb team that is nationally relevant as well.

Barta would have been fired a long time ago if it wasn't for him being really good at the job.

Every fan base wants more. Pretty much everyone except 2 teams every year says, "if only...."

Its hard to ask fans to have perspective. I just keep saying to myself, "we could be perpetually average and irrelevant like Minnesota, or a complete flaming bag of camel shit like Nebraska, but we are not."

Put another way, there is a lot more suck below us than there is excellence above us!

Outside of Wrestling, we must be one of highest ranked teams to make lists like this that are lacking in the championship hardware department.

To be fair, this year we did add in that department:

-Men's BTT title
-Women's regular season co-championship
-Women's BTT title

Still beats the shit out of a lot of other programs out there.

Barta would have been fired a long time ago if it wasn't for him being really good at the job.

Barta really good at his job or is he really good at staying out of the way? I don't have an answer to that, for some it is one and the same.

Every fan base wants more. Pretty much everyone except 2 teams every year says, "if only...."

Its hard to ask fans to have perspective. I just keep saying to myself, "we could be perpetually average and irrelevant like Minnesota, or a complete flaming bag of camel shit like Nebraska, but we are not."

Put another way, there is a lot more suck below us than there is excellence above us!
Camel shit burns hot......

I have to admit I am a little confused how Iowa ended up ahead of Ohio St and Mich St on this list.

Iowa football was a little worse than OSU and MSU football and iowa basketball just a little better than OSU and MSU

Plus how do they make this list when the final 4 is not done yet?

TBH, they could have put Purdue at 6 and Iowa at 8 pretty easily. Pudue won the bowl game against the SEC team and beat Iowa 24-7. They finished higher in basketball regular season and lasted longer in the tourney. Iowa has Keegan but they have Ivey so on par there.

Seems football slanted so 10-4 and 7-2 beats 9-4 and 6-3. But in BBall 29-8 and 14-6 is better than 26-10 and 12-8.

It seems a lot of weight was put on winning the West in football and winning the conference tourney title.

Regardless of the formula, I think we can all agree that Nebraska has the worst MBB and football programs combined in the conference and probably the country. And yet, both coaches, who have had a full and fair opportunity to not suck, were both just extended. Smart!!!!

Latest posts