Iowa Ranked #53 in KenPom Rankings

That statement is also factually inaccurate. If you took the Top 16 teams from the AP poll, the coaches poll, kenpom stats, RPI, etc and then look at the actual Sweet 16, typically 6-8 of those teams are actually in the Sweet 16 or less than half.

I'll grant you that. How frequently are top 10 teams eliminated on the first weekend? Because that's happened a lot too, if Kenpom is to be believed.

I think the Basketball Prospectus will end up being a lot more accurate at seasons end (before the ncaa's), but I still don't see Indiana being #1 nor Ohio State being top 10. Iowa State is ranked too high at #30. imo.

I think the Basketball Prospectus will end up being a lot more accurate at seasons end (before the ncaa's), but I still don't see Indiana being #1 nor Ohio State being top 10. Iowa State is ranked too high at #30. imo.

KenPom is so highly regarded because he does have a strong track record of success. I'll take Kenpom over almost any data analysis tool/ranking system out there as his metrics do have that strong history. Sure there are teams that fall outside of his predictions but nothing can be 100% accurate and it's hard to account for the unforseen I.E. injuries, player ineligibility, etc.

God, I love you storminspank...dude love, of course...none of that "weird stuff"...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

no-homo_design.png

Latest posts