Iowa ranked 43, Hawkeyes counting on young defense to adapt quickly to Big Ten play

Re: Iowa ranked 43, Hawkeyes counting on young defense to adapt quickly to Big Ten pl

43rd doesn't sound great, but at least we're not 106th. That would REALLY be discouraging!

Re: Iowa ranked 43, Hawkeyes counting on young defense to adapt quickly to Big Ten pl

43rd doesn't sound great, but at least we're not 106th. That would REALLY be discouraging!

Overrated. They must have some lackey working at the Orlando Sentinel to get that ranking.

Overrated. They must have some lackey working at the Orlando Sentinel to get that ranking.

Clearly the Sentinel has the inside scoop on Rodney "Buffet" Coe.

FYI, there are three ways to read The Slantinel for college football.

1) Jerry Greene: he has no inkling who to pick, freely admits it, and enjoys the season

2) Matt Murschel: looks at last year's record, last year's record, how the team did in a bowl game, and shuffles accordingly. (Note that the pic said "Iowa State quarterback Jake Rudock..."

3) Mike Bianchi: stands outside downtown Orlando, wets finger in mouth, holds aloft and predicts thusly---
--If it feels like a hurricane blowing, he picks Miami
--If someone chomps his finger or he hears gunshots, he picks Florida
--If he has a case of the crabs, he picks F$U

Even without my blinders on this team wins 8 games ... in my book, that is minimum with this team and this schedule ... and so unless Iowa finished 6-6 they are better than a 43 ranking ... The MAJORITY of these "experts" have no clue what to expect ... It would be like you or I projecting Maryland's season ... Hmmm ... well ... I can look at their returning players ... look at their schedule ... and see how they finished last season ... and voila ... I could write my "expert opinion" of how they will finish .. They know nothing more than you or me .. (not saying all sports talking heads are this way; but a majority of them are) ... And now with social media everyone is an "expert." ...So it's easy for "experts" to look at our roster ... or what others are saying ... see we lost our 3 starting linebackers and then make that the focus of their story ... Nothing scientific here ...

They didn't even mention Scherff returning. To me a 320 pound offensive lineman who is a potential 1st round NFL draft pick would be one of the first names I would mention as returning. Not to mention Carl Davis. I think there are a few offensive coaches know who Carl Davis is. I reads like it was written by someone who isn't familiar with Iowa other than a few tidbits that are picked up online.

They didn't even mention Scherff returning. To me a 320 pound offensive lineman who is a potential 1st round NFL draft pick would be one of the first names I would mention as returning. Not to mention Carl Davis. I think there are a few offensive coaches know who Carl Davis is. I reads like it was written by someone who isn't familiar with Iowa other than a few tidbits that are picked up online.

It's could be insulting to him to just say first round, unless he has a horrible injury or some other terrible thing happen he should go VERY high. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-scherff-could-go-first-overall-in-2015-draft

Seriously I think he'll be in the top five if he completes the year. He would have been a late 1st or second rounder this year.

Finally cracked the top 50-Yes!

Not every rag tag media outfit is going to have or take the time to do homework on every team. Alot piggy back off of others with just little if any of their own twists to them. That being what it is to me it's that much more ridiculous when egregious errors/omissions are made.... Just easier to know the haves from the wannabes..

Ranked 43rd, Iowa Football will be ready for a December situation.
Signed,
Steve Alford