Iowa-Quincy Basketball Takeaways

I was able to get You Tube last last night and watch a highlight reel. It was ugly early on but after the Hawkeyes got their groove on I could see a lot of potential amongst the younger player. One they all get the plays down this could be a fun team to follow.

Of course with a lot of youth will come inconsistency where we lose games due to that. However there will be many a nights where their shooting prowess and energy will bury opponents. As they blend together this year we should see more consistency and that is when it’s really going to get fun.

I was able to get You Tube last last night and watch a highlight reel. It was ugly early on but after the Hawkeyes got their groove on I could see a lot of potential amongst the younger player. One they all get the plays down this could be a fun team to follow.

Of course with a lot of youth will come inconsistency where we lose games due to that. However there will be many a nights where their shooting prowess and energy will bury opponents. As they blend together this year we should see more consistency and that is when it’s really going to get fun.
It will be a lot of fun to watch where this rather unusual team goes.

I thought Krikke looked real good and a nose for passing from the post. I think he's going to be a solid consistent anchor for the team.
I also thought Harding made some great passes and looked good as a true fresh. He will have to adjust more to the speed but I think he looks to have a solid game and will be pretty good as he gains more experience/years.
Sandforts do what they do which is good. They will be key to spread the defense.
I think Freeman was quite surprising with his play. He seems to have an active game and pretty active around the rim with some dunks, which surprised me as a freshman. He didn't seem timid or overwhelmed.
Dembele looks to be what Iowa has really missed and needed around the rim. He's quite athletic and seems to be a rim protector while his scoring comes along as he gets more experienced. He had a real nice transition block on a fast break attempt. He seems to play above the rim and right now what he brings is that defensive intensity being that rim protector along with rebounding. Shooting will come.
Patrick is Patrick and seems to have quiet but productive games. He is versatile with his frame which is valuable to the team.

I agree they started out slow which kind of made me nervous. They came on and got in a good groove. Iowa did what Iowa does and scored at a great pace. Fran's teams are the quietest scoring teams of any that I watch it seems. They look to be struggling and 15 min go by and you look at the score and they are in the mid 80's it seems. Same thing against Quincy.

Overall, I think they have a good makeup and will be fine without that All-American player leading the team. I think they still have enough to spread the court on offense and some inside presence with Krikke and Dembele. I agree they are going to be fun to watch.

It's a long season but the freshmen are looking great. Iowa fans will come to remember these four kids. Owen and Ladji are strong, athletic, inside big men. Owen is already showing himself to be a good rim runner. Krikke will be a good role model for Owen and Ladji.

Pryce is obviously a sure shooter-as was his scouting report. Brock and Josh, Owen, Ladji and Brock will provide progressively better bench players, a lineup that can hold a lead and maybe bring some energy to the floor when asses start dragging.

Latest posts