Iowa pulls Caldwell's offer

Hope they are thinking they are going to get some more high school DL.

i'm sure it is a making room for a better option move, rather than we decided we didn't want you to come to iowa after all.

life lessons learned by these kids while on the recruiting trail. bummer for him if he really wanted to come to iowa.

Could this be a sign that Lambert has contacted the Hawkeyes?

No. Caldwell was recruited to play DE. Lambert is LB. And Lambert is still committed to Rutgers and if the new coach they are hiring before signing day woes him enough he stick to it. Aaron Curry would be an option at DE but Rob Howe says he's down to Nebraska and TCU (visiting this weekend).

No. Caldwell was recruited to play DE. Lambert is LB. And Lambert is still committed to Rutgers and if the new coach they are hiring before signing day woes him enough he stick to it. Aaron Curry would be an option at DE but Rob Howe says he's down to Nebraska and TCU (visiting this weekend).

who knows why, what, etc, but a scholarship spot is a scholarship spot. if you only have a few left, decisions must be made if the landscape changes.

imo lambert will end up on the DL, but that is beside the point of this conversation.

I don't see Rob saying that anywhere. And Scout's Midlands analyst just posted last night that Iowa's still a finalist. And Woods and Wilson were just at Curry's house last night, for cryin' out loud.

Doesn't mean we'll get him... TCU seems more likely. But we're not out of it.

And the coaches look and act like douchebags while doing it. Wouldn't even give him a reason.....

Only a ********* would jump to that conclusion after reading an ambiguous hack job article. Id be willing to put $5 against an hour in bed with your mother that the article is trying to say Caldwell declined to offer or comment on he reason. Considering Iowa is as stand up as they come in recruiting situations. Hell we've been known to leave offers on the table after kids suffer ACL tears their senior years, that's not something all schools can say.

Iowa coaches are as up front as possible with these kids. They tell them offers are good today and tomorrow ain't promised to anyone. Had he commited a week ago he'd have been a hawk. Unlike other schools we don't oversign.

Just a thought, the last time we pulled an offer near signing fart it was to make room for a silent commit who turned out to be Coe.

Only a ********* would jump to that conclusion after reading an ambiguous hack job article. Id be willing to put $5 against an hour in bed with your mother that the article is trying to say Caldwell declined to offer or comment on he reason. Considering Iowa is as stand up as they come in recruiting situations. Hell we've been known to leave offers on the table after kids suffer ACL tears their senior years, that's not something all schools can say.

Iowa coaches are as up front as possible with these kids. They tell them offers are good today and tomorrow ain't promised to anyone. Had he commited a week ago he'd have been a hawk. Unlike other schools we don't oversign.

Just a thought, the last time we pulled an offer near signing fart it was to make room for a silent commit who turned out to be Coe.

lol I agree with everything in this post, including the part about signing fart.

IDK, I hope it wasnt pulled to offer someone else. For those of you who say KF does not take risks, put this one in your scrap book, if thats the case. Wasnt this the kid who was in the service? Meaning he has been away from home (no getting home sick)and does what ever is asked @100%. Yes he might be a few years older, but to me thats a good thing. For now I guess none of us know why, but we better be getting a #1 if we are giving up a kid who had as much going for him as Caldwell did.

IDK, I hope it wasnt pulled to offer someone else. For those of you who say KF does not take risks, put this one in your scrap book, if thats the case. Wasnt this the kid who was in the service? Meaning he has been away from home (no getting home sick)and does what ever is asked @100%. Yes he might be a few years older, but to me thats a good thing. For now I guess none of us know why, but we better be getting a #1 if we are giving up a kid who had as much going for him as Caldwell did.

Wrong kid. You're thinking of this guy:
Jake Sheffield - Yahoo! Sports

scholarship offers are prioritized and time limited for most, just ask Shoff....

Its because he was gonna visit NC STATE everybody knows that if you go to the Dance with Iowa they want a good night Kiss not leave with another guy, why do you think Jaleel Johnson did not go to MSU