Iowa pulls Caldwell's offer

Its because he was gonna visit NC STATE everybody knows that if you go to the Dance with Iowa they want a good night Kiss not leave with another guy, why do you think Jaleel Johnson did not go to MSU

if you want to dance with another, that gives iowa an opportunity to dance with another too. notice there is a DL who no longer has an offer who had one prior to JJ not going to MSU.

it doesn't mean the offer was pulled just because he was going to follow through with his visit. it means if you are dating so are we.

Yes this is the point i was trying to make, but if he had told iowa that he is accepting then called and said, after i go to NC State then I think they would pull it. I would if I were a coach, now if your just out checking on schools during the normal process then yes they wouldnt, but so close to the signing date, they have to cover their ***** if he changed his mind and why take the chance if you have someone that wants to commit?

.Hell we've been known to leave offers on the table after kids suffer ACL tears their senior years, that's not something all schools can say.

Including Alabama this year. But that's okay, Saban promised to sign "a piece of paper" guaranteeing the kid a scholarship after he recovers.

IDK,Wasnt this the kid who was in the service? Meaning he has been away from home (no getting home sick)and does what ever is asked @100%.

You are talking about Sheffield, not Caldwell. But, point taken.

I am glad Sheffield is doing well. I just read a report that 1 in 3 vets from Iraq and Afghanistan is suffering from PTSD, and 1 in 3 vets between the ages 18-24 is unemployed and all recent vets unemployment rates are a third more than the national average. Also, lots of suicides and legal troubles.

Those conflicts really took their toll. But the biggest problem is that a lot of the damage is invisible traumatic brain injury. So, it's good to see when a recent vet is doing well, because the odds are fairly stacked against that being the case.

Doesn't make sense at all as BAD as they are going to be on DL next year.
Dude!!! Do you ever make even a halfway positive comment? You are the lamest poster on here. I can always count on you being a glass half empty poster. You have no idea how the DL will stack up other than your pessimistic BS.

Its because he was gonna visit NC STATE everybody knows that if you go to the Dance with Iowa they want a good night Kiss not leave with another guy, why do you think Jaleel Johnson did not go to MSU

On last night's episode of "Shark Tank," a self-described sales guru attempted to get the sharks to put up $90,000 for a 40 percent stake in his company, which produces educational materials to train sales people. After three investors declined, Mavericks' owner Mark Cuban offered the full amount on the spot. Instead, the guy continued to talk to real estate mogul Barbara Corcoran. When she dropped out, he went back to Cuban, who told him he blew it and he, Cuban, was no longer interested. The deal was there and he should have closed it immediately. That's what VintageHawkeye would have done with his color pellets. (Cuban didn't say that, I did.)

Same with Iowa recruits, apparently.

he had not committed to either school and most people knew he was going to announce after his visit to NC, and it appears people have forgotten KF's stance on a kid making sure before he commits, it might because Lambert became a viable option again

Only a ********* would jump to that conclusion after reading an ambiguous hack job article. Id be willing to put $5 against an hour in bed with your mother that the article is trying to say Caldwell declined to offer or comment on he reason. Considering Iowa is as stand up as they come in recruiting situations. Hell we've been known to leave offers on the table after kids suffer ACL tears their senior years, that's not something all schools can say.

Iowa coaches are as up front as possible with these kids. They tell them offers are good today and tomorrow ain't promised to anyone. Had he commited a week ago he'd have been a hawk. Unlike other schools we don't oversign.

Just a thought, the last time we pulled an offer near signing fart it was to make room for a silent commit who turned out to be Coe.

+ 1

I love how people think we really now the ins and outs of offers. I made a comment the ither weak about Barkely Hill commiting to us if he visited and got an offer. Because, hey we all already know he had an offer. Really, how is that cause Yahoo says so, what a load of b.s. They probably told Caldwell, we like your tape, here is an offer take it or leave it. He might have said, yes and backed off afterwards, who knows, in the meantime another option came open, and Ia decided that Caldwells ship had sailed. We can speculate about it, but in the end we really only know what happens on signing day.

Latest posts