Iowa @ Penn St Official Game Thread

CMac's shoulder dislocated...here's to hoping it heals fast and that he'll be able to dislocate it anytime he wants in the future for shits and giggles, like Riggs in the Lethal Weapon movies!

Both teams were in the bonus the first overtime

Hawks by 3

Foul the man with the ball

Give the MFer 2 free throws

Get the ball back with a one-point lead

With about 15 seconds to go in the game

Or Don't foul, and let someone shoot a three to tie the game in their house

To go into a second OT

Yeah, probably makes more sense to let the nittany lion shoot a three

What are the Odds

Last edited:
What’s sad is people that defend Fran claiming he’s such a great x and o guy and can recruit and judge talent. If Fran truly was all that, than trust me Certain players wouldn’t being logging the minutes they do.. Fran is truly holding this team back!!

What’s sad is people that defend Fran claiming he’s such a great x and o guy and can recruit and judge talent. If Fran truly was all that, than trust me Certain players wouldn’t being logging the minutes they do.. Fran is truly holding this team back!!
I agree that some overstate that X's and O's thing. Not bad at X's and O's but not the best . Think of it as an exam. Fran can get an A but so can the opposing coach. In the big games Fran can never win those only match. Then his bad or slow substitutions, strict 2 foul rule, and his team usual lower levels of discipline and proper fundamentals show. Even if he doesn't have the horses a sharper more well drilled team can hang close. I never buy the we can't compete and get rolled by teams in the tourney but an Oral Roberts can get further and play closer in their game than we do. And most years in the post season there is that team that might not win but how come team "X" can or lose by 3-5 when we lose by 15. Cinderella has a place in the tourney to make runs and have down to the wire games but Iowa can't reach the sweet 16?
F. Iowa had the game won, but couldn't stop PSU when they had to and couldn't hit open shots in 2OT.

Thank you PMac! Missing big shots and can't board when Keegan shoots from outside. We need a 14 and 9 guy more than an 11 and 3.5 guy who is a tweener. Not a Lohaus or Bullard like outside shooter nor is PMac a banger inside who clean up garbage and board with regularity. We certainly have a problem with no true center and a tweener esp. when Keegan is outside at times and not a majority paint player. Nothing against Pmac as a person of course. Probably a cool dude but not what this team needs as a player. If dad had a real solid big as well it would be okay but as things are Pmac becomes an issue being an in between player than it being okay and working out better.

Not sure why he got so many looks in the OT's. How many were thinking they were gonna go down? I get giving PMac a shot but I did not have confidence he was knocking them down to seal the game which he had the chance to do more than once. Had a chance to show us something just came up a bit small. Hit one of those shots or fight and grab that board off that Keegan missed 3 and we can be cheering and giving PMac kudos this morning!

Ulis did grab some boards got fouled and hit clutch FT's. He showed me something.

Last edited:
After this gut wrenching loss Iowa was 4-6 in conference and 14-7 overall, it wasn’t looking good. They are 8-1 since this game.