Iowa @ OSU game thread

iahawk20

Lets hope the Hawks come out with a purpose today. We cannot afford a Michigan type start against OSU.

Hopefully they have a gameplan for Lighty this time around. He tore us up for 20 pts and 8 rebs. For any chance at winning we'll need a big game from our frontcourt and May to at least contain Turner.

One thing that works in Iowa's favor is OSU doesn't use a lot of their depth. They only played 8 players in the first matchup and their starting 5 each played at least 32 minutes (Lighty 40 mins, Lauderdale 32 mins, Diebler 37 mins, Turner 34 mins, Buford 36 mins). They aren't going to wear us out with their depth.

Hopefully they have a gameplan for Lighty this time around. He tore us up for 20 pts and 8 rebs. For any chance at winning we'll need a big game from our frontcourt and May to at least contain Turner.

One thing that works in Iowa's favor is OSU doesn't use a lot of their depth. They only played 8 players in the first matchup and their starting 5 each played at least 32 minutes (Lighty 40 mins, Lauderdale 32 mins, Diebler 37 mins, Turner 34 mins, Buford 36 mins). They aren't going to wear us out with their depth.

Lighty did almost all of that in the second half too. Dubbs is on to something with May, that kid needs a big game. I love what i have seen out of him lately.

I've been out voted for TV rights. Hawkeyes have been trumped by Jersey Shore marathon. God help me!

Nice look to Cole early for an easy bucket.

Terrible possession, turnover, and easy bucket and foul for OSU. We have to stop standing around for 30 seconds...

Fuller drains 3, tied at 5. 17 to go in 1st

Still going inside. Lauderdale is playing good D so far. Hawks got to keep trying.

Nice finish by Payne.

Two OSU free throws, 7-5 Bucks.

Fuller looking good early. Takes it in and draws the foul. Misses both....lane violation on 2and and misses again. Ball off OSU, hawkeye ball, lol.

Fuller misses inside....OSU misses quick 3.

16 minutes to go and tied at 7 after Payne drive and easy 2.

OSU pressure is bothering Iowa. I like the matchup of May against Diebler. I hope we can take advantage.

Latest posts