Iowa opens as 3.5 favorite

All joking aside, and also putting all frustrations aside things can only improve. Spencer couldn’t play worse and we also had open receivers, but he over threw them. So the fact that they were open is a positive to focus on.

We all know he can throw the ball. If you go back and look at some of the passes he threw in that 2021 highlight video I shared, you will see he threw several perfect passes and put them right in the dime.

Law of averages (there’s that math again) dictates that he will have a much improved game against ISU. This will help to soothe some of our concerns.

On another bright note the defense will continue to improve also.
Well said. He just can't suck that hard 2 times in a row. I think if he sucks the 1st half, we see a change. Next man in. How could Kirk possibly keep him in there if he's Jackrabbit bad?

Well said. He just can't suck that hard 2 times in a row. I think if he sucks the 1st half, we see a change. Next man in. How could Kirk possibly keep him in there if he's Jackrabbit bad?
I think he can suck passing and we can still win if we can establish the run game. Granted, not likely. If the scores indicate we are one touchdown ahead at half or three points ahead by the end of the third, Kirk will keep Petras in and rely on the defense to keep isu from scoring or try to get them to make a mistake.

For some odd reason, KF plays his cards close to the vest before conference play. But I don't know why, other coaches know what is being played including fans yelling at their TV.

I want Iowa to win 9 games and never score an offensive TD all year.
That would be amazing, but I don't think we have the kick return game for that. Maybe we could get to 6 wins without aTD, and that would also be an accomplishment.

Has any bowl team ever made a bowl game with 0 offensive TDs?

Iowa will win 22.5-19. Book it.
I just put $10K down because of that post. Are you gonna back me up if it goes south?

The money came from my 15 y.o’s account because I’m pretty broke, don’t make me have to explain it to him. He wants to get a better car and he’s been saving for a few years.

I just put $10K down because of that post. Are you gonna back me up if it goes south?

The money came from my 15 y.o’s account because I’m pretty broke, don’t make me have to explain it to him. He wants to get a better car and he’s been saving for a few years.
You must do things different in NW Iowa. How long has this guy been driving?

He absolutely could and he will. Same way he keeps Brian employed when he’s literally the worst OC in the conference the past 4 years.
BF4President and General Counsel of the U of I Student Athlete's Union. Is he qualified? No, but when has that ever stopped him?

He absolutely could and he will. Same way he keeps Brian employed when he’s literally the worst OC in the conference the past 4 years.
Let's be realistic here. Do you really think Kirk is going to fire his son or demote him? The odds are better he tries Padilla.The O line didn't really do any favors for Petras or Williams to speak of. I know he had some chip shots and he for lack of a better word...he jackrabbited them. I'm slightly optimistic he plays better and O line plays better because we know Kirk and son ain't going anywhere.

Stop Iowa State, punt on 3rd down, maybe second, catch them off guard. Pin them inside their 5 and let the big dogs eat. Campbell might lead the team in points this year. How bout Bruce at QB. Three plays run right, left, and kick fieldgoal. Simplify the offense even more for Brian.

Stop Iowa State, punt on 3rd down, maybe second, catch them off guard. Pin them inside their 5 and let the big dogs eat. Campbell might lead the team in points this year. How bout Bruce at QB. Three plays run right, left, and kick fieldgoal. Simplify the offense even more for Brian.
In theory I like this, but they have to allow substitutions, and unless Campbell is even dumber than I already think he is he’s going to notice the punt team rolling out, at least the formation. Maybe we get him to burn a timeout?

All joking aside, and also putting all frustrations aside things can only improve. Spencer couldn’t play worse and we also had open receivers, but he over threw them. So the fact that they were open is a positive to focus on.

We all know he can throw the ball. If you go back and look at some of the passes he threw in that 2021 highlight video I shared, you will see he threw several perfect passes and put them right in the dime.

Law of averages (there’s that math again) dictates that he will have a much improved game against ISU. This will help to soothe some of our concerns.

On another bright note the defense will continue to improve also.
You are right. Spenser has shown that he can throw a great ball. However, his completion % proves that he simply cannot do so consistently. He just can’t . He needs to move on.

Yahoo! Good choices! ( Damn that was funny)

Let's be realistic here. Do you really think Kirk is going to fire his son or demote him? The odds are better he tries Padilla.The O line didn't really do any favors for Petras or Williams to speak of. I know he had some chip shots and he for lack of a better word...he jackrabbited them. I'm slightly optimistic he plays better and O line plays better because we know Kirk and son ain't going anywhere.
You must not be understanding my post. I 100% don’t think he’ll make any changes whatsoever.

Just tell him that some dumbass on a message board said that walking is good exercise.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa won by double digits. Seems like trends don't matter in this game.

There was a year ISU lost to Kent State AND Northern Iowa....and somehow found a way to beat Iowa with 5 FGs.

Latest posts