Iowa opens as 3.5 favorite

Not really. Math was my major. You simply misplaced the decimal point. 4.15
That would make more sense. All I can say is I am staying as far from betting this game as possible. The line I can dig, but 41.5 in a game where Iowa State isn’t favored by -21 says that I have absolutely no read on this one.

All joking aside, and also putting all frustrations aside things can only improve. Spencer couldn’t play worse and we also had open receivers, but he over threw them. So the fact that they were open is a positive to focus on.

We all know he can throw the ball. If you go back and look at some of the passes he threw in that 2021 highlight video I shared, you will see he threw several perfect passes and put them right in the dime.

Law of averages (there’s that math again) dictates that he will have a much improved game against ISU. This will help to soothe some of our concerns.

On another bright note the defense will continue to improve also.

Last edited:
I want Iowa to win 9 games and never score an offensive TD all year.

Oh my Gawd……….. ROFLMAO!!!!!! Our offense will be ranked 131 out of 132 schools and we will win the west easily. We will be picked to beat Ohio State with the defensive display of the century. Finale score: Iowa 2 Ohio State 0

Cheer up guys, honestly we will do better this week. Iowa State won’t know what hit them. Brian was holding back his offense so as to not tip his hat.

FryIowa is probably going “Huh? What’s BigD been smoking?”

I know I have been down on Kirk and especially Brian lately. I’ve been following the Hawkeyes since I was six years old (that’s 55 years now) and I have always wanted to see Iowa win a National Championship. So after that long serious frustrations can arise and it’s hard not to express them.

I went through this with the BEARS. Then 1985 rolled around and it happened. That was 37 years ago and I still get satisfaction when I reflect back on it. It may never happen again and I am fine with that because it happened.

Would love to see it happen with my life long favorite college football team. I will not give up hope. I even think it’s possible with the current coaching staff. Will improvement need to be made? Yes. Will learning curves need to dramatically improve? Yes. Will a lot of lucky bounces have to go our way? Yes.

That’s what fans have to hope for. When we all get to a point that we lose hope in that, then changes may need to be considered.

Vegas knows there’s going to be big volume on this game and they’re just trying to get money starting to flow. It’s pretty typical and will change Thur/Fri.

Latest posts