Iowa opens -13.5 against ISU

Iowa - 8 is probably my comfort level. I wouldn't give any more than that to ISU. Not the way this team has been playing.

The lines already down to -11 on a few sites. At this rate maybe it will actually reach -10 by saturday, although I still don't see it getting lower than -10.5. I would definitely get in at -10 though. There seems to be a large overreaction from the KState game.

I'm guessing the line will continue to trend downward and then the smart money will step in and raise it to around -12 by kickoff.

Spreads for this game always seem to be elevated. I don't like Iowa at anything higher than -10......probably even lower than that. Not betting, but would take ISU with this spread. Iowa to win....ISU to cover.

NOt sure how anyone thinks Iowa is going to win this one big. Iowa's rushing attack has been non existant. You cant look at K-States rushing and think that iowa is going to do the same - different style of rushing and QB's. Iowa State is going to be somewhat confident after putting up points and leading last weekend. Iowa is unsure of themselves, and if they lose Sherff to surgery, things could get worse. After watching last weeks game, I am predicting ISU 24 - Iowa 17. WOW I hope I am wrong. Please convince me otherwise!!

I hear ISU is unthawing Steele Jantz from his cryo freeze for this one as its their only shot at a win this year. Hawks win 24-0 and Drew Ott shatters Jantz like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man.

I hear ISU is unthawing Steele Jantz from his cryo freeze for this one as its their only shot at a win this year. Hawks win 24-0 and Drew Ott shatters Jantz like Wesley Snipes in Demolition Man.

Or shatters him like the windshield of a Buick.

On Fox Sports Live this morning. Todd Fuhrman, former oddsmaker at Caesars Palace, said...

"This may be one of the best rivalries people in most of the county don't know about. Takes place in the Midwest. So much so that it boiled out to twitter between the public safety departments of these two fine institutions in Iowa, but it's not much of a rivalry on the football field. Iowa sleepwalking against Ball State last week, they won't this week when the Cyclones come a calling. This game gets ugly. Lay the 12 and never look back."

Well... let's hope he's right. For the record, I agree with him. However, you could make a pretty good living betting the opposite of most of my predictions! :)

Latest posts