Iowa opens -13.5 against ISU

Apparently Vegas still loves Iowa.

And the other side of the coin is that they are not impressed with ISU. I think the line will move as money starts going on The Clones +13.5. I'd put the spread at kickoff at 10.5 and Iowa still won't cover that....

And the other side of the coin is that they are not impressed with ISU. I think the line will move as money starts going on The Clones +13.5. I'd put the spread at kickoff at 10.5 and Iowa still won't cover that....

10.5 sounds about right. Maybe even 9.5.

As to whether Iowa will cover, I haven't decided whether it will be the same Iowa as the last two weeks or if we wake up and blow the doors off of ISU.

Right now, my gut is saying close game.

We can't just rely on jake. We have to get some running game going. Better be working on that this week, ALOT.

I said take the Hawks to cover against Ball State.
I said take Sparty to cover against Oregon.
I would say take the Cyclones and the points.

Good news for the Hawks.... you can see how good I am at picking games.

Ferentz won't allow this game to get out of hand in our favor. I hate the Clones, but I'd take the points.

Let's see ... Iowa is Owen 2, ATS, versus a non-top 10 FCS school (off by 8) and a MAC school (off by 16).
Sagarin's "predictor" has Iowa at 82.56 (including Kinnick) vs ISU's 69.89, for a spread of 12.7.

Nothing above 4 points would get me to take Iowa.

Looks like its already moved to -12. I think I would consider taking Iowa at -10 but I seriously doubt it will get there. I think the -10.5 that was mentioned earlier sounds about right. Either way I think its better to stay away from it.

I don't know about this one. If ISU plays liken they did aginst Kstate, and we play like we did against Balls State-it could be bad. And what could be worse than losing to Paw?

Let's see ... Iowa is Owen 2, ATS, versus a non-top 10 FCS school (off by 8) and a MAC school (off by 16).
Sagarin's "predictor" has Iowa at 82.56 (including Kinnick) vs ISU's 69.89, for a spread of 12.7.

Nothing above 4 points would get me to take Iowa.

The defense will cover the spread alone. They played a great game Saturday and only gave up 3 points. The offense/special teams gift wrapped 10 points. If Iowa finds a way to get it in the endzone instead of missing FG's every drive it will be an easy cover.

Latest posts