Iowa offers Thaddeus Hall

That is true but it is our own doing starting with the way Mr. Davis was dumped. If Bowlsby would have had a better succession plan to announce Mr. Davis had 2 more years and he was retiring, and also announce there would be a nationwide search for a top coach to match Lute and Mr. Davis, and follow through with that plan we may have got better than Alford.

And then when Alford crapped out Barta went with the hot pick in Lick but I also think that was to spend less money. Iowa should not have to spend less money in hiring a Bball coach.

Iowa has had a lot of really really good bball coaches in 50s-70 when Miller left, from Lute and Mr. Davis, and I think now Fran. Alford wasnt a good fit but he did well before and after Iowa.

Why should Iowa be a stepping stone head coaching job?

Alford was THE coach to get at that time. Can't fault Bowlsby for making that hire (disregarding for the moment the firing of Davis).

Also, seemed to me that the KF "understated/humble" thing had a bit to do with hiring Lick. Didn't play as well for basketball.

This Iowa staff has recruited junior college players before. They have two scholarships to fill and its pretty natural that they would look at transfers and junior college players in the spring. There are a lot of great players available.

This Iowa staff has recruited junior college players before. They have two scholarships to fill and its pretty natural that they would look at transfers and junior college players in the spring. There are a lot of great players available.
I believe Hall is a 2015 player correct? They still have 2 ships that season, but Fran needs to take the best player he can get whether it is a FR or JUCO or other transfer. I would like to see Hall along with Hutton so Hutton can continue to work on his offensive game.

I believe Hall is a 2015 player correct? They still have 2 ships that season, but Fran needs to take the best player he can get whether it is a FR or JUCO or other transfer. I would like to see Hall along with Hutton so Hutton can continue to work on his offensive game.

If Iowa was to get both of them, I would guess they would be done with recruiting for this year. They would probably give one of the walk ons a scholarship for a year.

If Iowa was to get both of them, I would guess they would be done with recruiting for this year. They would probably give one of the walk ons a scholarship for a year.
If they get Atwood and Huff they will have used both scholarships for the 2014 class. Next year if they get Hutton and Hall I don't think they are necessarily done. I think it would depend on the player they would get. I could see them taking a PG or a pure SG. In 2015 Dickerson will be a Junior and Gessell/Clemmons will be seniors. Need to replenish that position as well. Hopefully Glynn Watson.

Cute that Fran has to bring in transfers now![/QUOTE]

Speaking of cute, isu football is cute. Enjoy your season

Outside of Nader's recent DUI, how many got in trouble here?

risky but it's worked for Fred. Cute that Fran has to bring in transfers now!
Didn't Chris Babb have an alcohol related arrest when he first got to ISU or did that not count.

Latest posts