Iowa Offers Perry Ellis

Goes as expected as in 12-22 4-12 in conference (being generous prly)? Ya guys with offers from KU, MSU, Duke, NC, OK, UCLA, OSU I'm sure will stand up and take notice and be begging us to offer them...Were competing more with UNI/MAC schools than we are with these type of schools at this point...

I am not sure what you are trying to say here.

Do you think Iowa should or shouldn't go after recruits that may draw attention from top tier programs?

I really think that there is more talent on the roster than given credit for, plain and simple. That is why I believe the NIT could be possible. I simply believe that, the Iowa program will not be the same as it has for the past few seasons.

People complain when we don't go after 4 and 5 star recruits and people complain when do go after them. Can't win with some of you. :rolleyes:

Thank you, that is the truth Iowa seems to never have good enough players to some and isn't good enough to get the players to others and a lot think Iowa is wasting their time, don't get it :D

"That woman was sexy...Out of your league? Son. Let women figure out why they won't screw you, don't do it for them." - shitmydadsays

I think the same type of idea applies.

I'm with you sportstalent. I like the core group of the kids we have on campus. Style of play + another year of experience + solid freshman class = much better year. I think a .500 year is definitely possible.

I agree that giving an offer to a high rated regional prospect makes sense. But I think a hefty dose of realism needs to come into play as well. Paul Rhoads offered a scholarship to Tony Steward. That is the best linebacker in HS Tony Steward. Should he stop recruiting other LBs because he is holding out for him? He would be intitutionalized for doing so. Trust me, the name Fran McCafferey does not equal a Calipari like recruiting effort. These kids want to play at teh next level, and exactly how many pros does McCafferey have?

I agree that giving an offer to a high rated regional prospect makes sense. But I think a hefty dose of realism needs to come into play as well. Paul Rhoads offered a scholarship to Tony Steward. That is the best linebacker in HS Tony Steward. Should he stop recruiting other LBs because he is holding out for him? He would be intitutionalized for doing so. Trust me, the name Fran McCafferey does not equal a Calipari like recruiting effort. These kids want to play at teh next level, and exactly how many pros does McCafferey have?

How many does Hoiberg have?

These kids want to play at teh next level, and exactly how many pros does McCafferey have?

If you mean on the current Iowa roster, no player who has actually played in a Big Ten game looks like an NBA player. Including Siena, Kenny Hasbrouck finished the year with the Heat and Edwin Ubiles has a chance to make a roster in the next few years. That shows he has some ability to develop talent. Obviously he's not in Calipari's league, but few are.

Latest posts