Iowa Offers Cedar Falls WR Logan Wolf

No not really. Just say it is my job to remind (those who give a damn) that Kirk is not infallible. Far from it. Someone has to do it. ;)

And in this case I wonder if his hypocritical policy actually costs us higher-rated recruits? It smacks of insecurity about his ability to recruit and sell his program. It shouldn't be that way should it? Kirk and his staff have a lot to offer? Correct?
Same policy doesn't seem to hurt Dabo at Clemson...

Sure he's not infallible, but you're grasping at straws.

Iowa's recruiting philosophy is centered around communication. They ask committed guys if they want Iowa to continue recruiting them. If they say yes they do so,if no, they move on. Want to take a visit? Let the coaches know beforehand. Worked for Jacobs. And like Stanzi said, KF is not responsible for other teams' policies.

That's on the coaches of those teams, not Kirk. If they have policies in place then their commits should abide by those.

Bingo...........why do people feel he needs to square his policy with anyone, he doesn't. As far as poaching there are no rules. It's part of the field of play, an accepted practice in recruiting as we well know. The word poaching infers wrongdoing. There is no wrongdoing in extending an invitation to any prospect. Maybe there's a reason why they call them "verbals".

The blue bloods come after us and we go after the MAC :)

Same policy doesn't seem to hurt Dabo at Clemson...

Sure he's not infallible, but you're grasping at straws.

Iowa's recruiting philosophy is centered around communication. They ask committed guys if they want Iowa to continue recruiting them. If they say yes they do so,if no, they move on. Want to take a visit? Let the coaches know beforehand. Worked for Jacobs. And like Stanzi said, KF is not responsible for other teams' policies.

It's a very common policy and it's not unreasonable in the slightest. Iowa is far from the only team that has this policy.

No not really. Just say it is my job to remind those (who give a damn) that Kirk is not infallible. Far from it. Someone has to do it. ;)

And in this case I wonder if his hypocritical policy actually costs us higher-rated recruits? It smacks of insecurity about his ability to recruit and sell his program. It shouldn't be that way should it? Kirk and his staff have a lot to offer? Correct?

There is nothing hypocritical in the least about the policy. The policy is an agreement between the staff and a verbal commit: If you commit and stand by that, we will honor the offer. If you start acting like you are not committed, we need to protect our interests and explore other options as well, and there is no guarantee your offer will still be there.

It is a simple acknowledgement of the reality of the situation, and the problems that arise if you think someone is committed and then flips at the last minute. This is not moral grandstanding, it is an attempt to get a solid sense of where Iowa stands with recruits.

No not really. Just say it is my job to remind those (who give a damn) that Kirk is not infallible. Far from it. Someone has to do it. ;)

Good God, the haters get sooooooo old and tired. Some of you will complain about anything.

With kids committing so early, schools need a way to keep other schools, especially the blue bloods at bay come a week or two before signing day. The whole point of recruiting is getting the kids you want. How do you fight the blue bloods? Well Iowa tries to build a super strong relationship with it's commits, and then it will utilize some pressure if needed when other schools come calling. Smart play, and as we have seen this year we will even allow a committed kid to take an official visit if they communicate everything with the coaches and are honest about what they are doing.

All the haters only look to the Eno situation. Yet since Higdeon got taken at the last minute the policy has cost us Eno, but has also been the driving factor in keeping Fant, Stanley, Nixon, Hankins, Brandon Smith, DJ Johnson, Jacobs, Padilla, Goodson, and I'm sure more who never reported interest from other schools after committing.

You aren't going to win them all in recruiting, but mostly Iowa has done a good job of keeping committed kids committed. Yet all the haters want to do is bash on the coaches for keeping kids committed.

Intrigued by this kid. The 2-sport component really seems like a tough ask for D1 (FBS) programs. Especially when the 2 are football and basketball, at universities that have high aspirations for both...

Are there currently many FBS football guys also (simultaneously) playing basketball? I know some guys have quit one for the other, but both seem like a long shot.
Can't say I don't know off the top of my head but I bet there's fewer and fewer of them for sure then their was 15-20 yrs ago. Their just so demanding of so much time for each that it makes it tough. I mean even baseball and basketball overlap. And not just a little bit either but quite a bit. I'm sure that's more challenging for CM then we think. Maybe even more then he thought it'd be going in.
I know little to nothing about this Wolf kid but the prospect of playing both at UNI would be pretty fun. Yet going to Iowa may be his dream so who knows..

Can't say I don't know off the top of my head but I bet there's fewer and fewer of them for sure then their was 15-20 yrs ago. Their just so demanding of so much time for each that it makes it tough. I mean even baseball and basketball overlap. And not just a little bit either but quite a bit. I'm sure that's more challenging for CM then we think. Maybe even more then he thought it'd be going in.
I know little to nothing about this Wolf kid but the prospect of playing both at UNI would be pretty fun. Yet going to Iowa may be his dream so who knows..

It's just an interesting situation. If someone were otherworldly, like Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders, maybe they could play multiple sports. But as a somewhat understated recruit, playing 2 sports seems unlikely. Also, after watching only a few Youtube highlights, I would say he's a better football recruit and it's probably not close. My $0.02

It's just an interesting situation. If someone were otherworldly, like Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders, maybe they could play multiple sports. But as a somewhat understated recruit, playing 2 sports seems unlikely. Also, after watching only a few Youtube highlights, I would say he's a better football recruit and it's probably not close. My $0.02
For sure the talent level and what their ceilings are in their sports matter. I'm not sure a Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders as Highschoolers today would end up in the same places they did due to all the other factors... As good as they were would they have even tried to pursue both may even be a question

For sure the talent level and what their ceilings are in their sports matter. I'm not sure a Bo Jackson or Deion Sanders as Highschoolers today would end up in the same places they did due to all the other factors... As good as they were would they have even tried to pursue both may even be a question

Jameis Winston was playing both football and baseball as recent as 2014 at Florida State. He was drafted in the 15th round of the MLB draft out of high school. Kyler Murray will have an interesting decision coming up.

Jameis Winston was playing both football and baseball as recent as 2014 at Florida State. He was drafted in the 15th round of the MLB draft out of high school. Kyler Murray will have an interesting decision coming up.

Two studs in college. Jeff Samardzija was another (non QB). But basketball and football are two demanding sports. These two are more difficult to pair together.

Totally forgot about him playing baseball. Some Tampa fans probably wish he'd have stuck with that... Supposedly Murray is kicking around playing football. Who knows what's true and what isn't there I guess. We'll know soon enough

That Murray kid reminds me of Doug Flutie if you mixed him with Russel Wilson and a little Baker Mayfield. I feel bad for Flutie he was one hell of a football player that was on some teams with the wrong fit then sent up to the CFL for too long. That's a guy that in todays NFL could have really done some damage.

That Murray kid reminds me of Doug Flutie if you mixed him with Russel Wilson and a little Baker Mayfield. I feel bad for Flutie he was one hell of a football player that was on some teams with the wrong fit then sent up to the CFL for too long. That's a guy that in todays NFL could have really done some damage.

I hope murray goes to the mlb. He’s a freak athlete but I think he’s too small for the nfl. He can run around defenders for awhile but sooner or later is going to get hit. He has a Pat White feel to me.

I hope murray goes to the mlb. He’s a freak athlete but I think he’s too small for the nfl. He can run around defenders for awhile but sooner or later is going to get hit. He has a Pat White feel to me.
He seems to have an athletic build on him that could bulk up to look like Russell Wilson I think anyway. Yeah that Pat White was a real slighter built guy that wasn't going to last in the NFL. Murray probably could if he wants to.. Maybe we'll see

Kirk couldn't flip a UNI commit. Proud day.
Very glass half empty response to this.

Glass half response is - Kirk couldn't flip a UNI commit. But at least the coaches identified a kid with good character.

Get over it. Can't win them all. UNI could offer something Iowa couldn't in a chance to play basketball. Definately a shame. I found the kid's athleticism and size interesting.

Latest posts