"Iowa offense has progressed, but just not fast enough." Spencer Petras in presser

Honestly, I feel for Petras. He's saying what he's been told to say. All my vitriol is now for BF and KF. They're at fault. The kid is physically and mentally limited, but he's being put out there.

Worse times ahead. I have no optimism at this point
Couple things:
As atrocious as this offense has been, Iowa is a fumble at the goal line and a horrible miss by Petras last night at the goal line from being 5-1. Thanks to Phil Parker and a bunch of tough kids for keeping us from being Oklahoma. Hawk fans should continue to support them.

I once thought of Kirk Ferentz as a really good guy. Not so much anymore. Who continues to put a player out there (Petras) who is in a frail mental state and unable to help his team either as a leader or playmaker?

Iowa has the worst offense in the country. Brian Ferentz would have been fired at every other Division one program in the country by now. I am not sure How papa sleeps at night knowing that his son makes about a million dollars a year for being the worst in the country at what he does and is only there because of his daddy. An honorable man would have made a change by now. Iowa should just forget about having an offensive coordinator. Move Brian to help the offensive line and put an athletic quarterback in and just let him call his own plays. The current play caller is clueless.

Also interesting to peruse the Cyfanatic site. Comments mirror those made here. Both programs with good defenses and terrible offense. Only difference is ISU is playing a sophomore qb with quite a bit of upside.
Appears Matt Campbell will be there for a while because soon there will be no interest in him. He should have taken the big leap when he had the chance.

Last edited:
Couple things:
As atrocious as this offense has been, Iowa is a fumble at the goal line and a horrible miss by Petras last night at the goal line from being 5-1. Thanks to Phil Parker and a bunch of tough kids for keeping us from being Oklahoma. Hawk fans should continue to support them.

I once thought of Kirk Ferentz as a really good guy. Not so much anymore. Who continues to put a player out there (Petras) who is in a frail mental state and unable to help his team either as a leader or playmaker?

Iowa has the worst offense in the country. Brian Ferentz would have been fired at every other Division one program in the country by now. I am not sure How papa sleeps at night knowing that his son makes about a million dollars a year for being the worst in the country at what he does and is only there because of his daddy. An honorable man would have made a change by now. Iowa should just forget about having an offensive coordinator. Move Brian to help the offensive line and put an athletic quarterback in and just let him call his own plays. The current play caller is clueless.

Also interesting to peruse the Cyfanatic site. Comments mirror those made here. Both programs with good defenses and terrible offense. Only difference is ISU is playing a sophomore qb with quite a bit of upside.
Appears Matt Campbell will be there for a while because soon there will be no interest in him. He should have taken the big leap when he had the chance.
Sadly, I must agree with your logical analysis.

Couple things:

But dude, the statement and point is they are talking about the Iowa offense progressing, not game results based on the defense or turnovers.

Iowa is still battling for the very last spots in Div 1 FBS football in many offensive categories. They have score a total of 7 TD's in the last 6 games. Long sustained drives are pretty non-existent for the most part. We have more 3 and out's than I care to describe. We can't hardly muster 225 yrds in offense a game. Our best and most well known player is our punter, as outstanding as he is. Our second most popular or productive position/player is our TE! OUR TE!! What other team is know for that?

Dude, we are not in a good place offensively.

Latest posts