Iowa-Nortwestern prediction thread

docholihawk

I didn't see this started yet so I figured why not. Since the Maryland loss this board has been filled with negativity, divided people on KF, Jake/CJB, transfers etc.. People calling others out and what seemed like hatred for others on here. I'm certainly as guilty as anybody else. We are all Hawkeye fans and want to win Saturday. I'm hoping for rational and mature conversation for this. I'm predicting we become bowl eligible with a 27-21 come from behind victory. GO HAWKS!!!

Iowa's down 3 with the Kitties looking to go up 10. The D forces a turn over on 2nd and Goal from the five. Kirk spits out the gum, opens the play book and the Hawks drive the field punching it in for the win as time runs out. GO HAWKS!!!! ;)

I didn't see this started yet so I figured why not. Since the Maryland loss this board has been filled with negativity, divided people on KF, Jake/CJB, transfers etc.. People calling others out and what seemed like hatred for others on here. I'm certainly as guilty as anybody else. We are all Hawkeye fans and want to win Saturday. I'm hoping for rational and mature conversation for this. I'm predicting we become bowl eligible with a 27-21 come from behind victory. GO HAWKS!!!

I predict that, win or lose, I won't be around to read anything about it here. Working tonight/this morning, found the free time to read through more threads, was about to predict...and suddenly realized, reading your third sentence, that I AM tired of this board.

Whether it's the posters, "friends" on here who are no longer very friendly, Miller's bi-polar rants and "cracks in the foundation"-sky-is-falling doom-saying, or whatever...coming here is no longer "fun" for me. Frankly, Iowa football isn't "fun" right now, and the approaching basketball season (which I'm pretty sure will be no better than LAST season) doesn't excite me. The wrestling program is entering it's "post-Evashevski-type" slide that will probably last as long as football's version did...

When it gets to the point that I'm ashamed and embarrassed about Iowa, for a variety of reasons...I might just "quit" Iowa for a while.

Oh, and I came to the realization above because I almost don't even CARE what happens. Losses are excruciating, but even wins are no longer "fun". So f- it...

ohhhhmmmmmm ... channeling, channeling ... Hawks lead at half ... 17-10 ... Weisman 20+ carries for >100 ... channeling, channeling ... Iowa 31 - 20 ... or ... NwU 34-24 ... last chance to win in Kinnick ... channeling, channeling ...

... wait ... yessirree, bob62 will post by Sunday ... will know more than should for not having been reading the board ... channeling, channeling ... Bobby, it's Nanna ... it's 4:30 am, sweety ... stop staring at the pc and doing that to yourself ...

(Sorry, about that, folks! I never know what my guides will reveal or what spirits might come thru.)

12-10, ya you guys are reading that correctly...anemic offenses by both squads.....The Fightin Fitz's will not end up with the win, and Iowa barely pulls it out.....

I predict it will soon be revealed that the movie "What about Bob" was inspired by a poster in this very thread.

Some of you must forget Fitz has had this game circled on his calendar since the schedule has been announced. I expect a game like Iowa State, it will seem like Iowa is the better team but will find a way to lose.

NW by a field goal.

This team isn't one that is easy to predict. They are instead baffling.

I'll predict this:

1) Iowa Receives the opening kick off
2) Northwestern scores just before halftime
3) Iowa takes a knee in the last possession of the 1st half
4) Northwester receives and scores to start 3rd quarter.
5) Iowa shows flashes of offense but then it shuts off and they can't find the On switch again.
6) Northwestern's D looks very good. and Northwesterns' offense looks charismatic and dynamic.
6) Fan base moves from anger to apathy.

NW is getting healthy and we are losing people(suspension, leaving team, injury) so that puts us as a disadvantage already. I see a very poor first half to the extent Kirk actually lets CJB play but its not enough. We continue to fail to seal the edges and get gashed on the ground all day. NW - 27 Iowa - 17

24 -17 Iowa

Siemien(sp?) isn't exactly Persa or Coulter he is not even Kafka running the football. No watching the QB run for 5 yards on a 3rd and 4 killing Iowa with a 1000 paper cuts. This will be enough to get Iowa the victory.

I still think KF gets this team to 8 victories.......Nothing to write home about, but it is enough for Barta to justify(or hide behind) keeping KF around and more than likely GD as well.

Latest posts