Iowa/Northwestern Predictions

HaydenHawk56

Something has to give here. Northwestern's last 4 game offense score totals, 7, 21, 7, 14.

Iowa's last 4 game totals 51, 23, 7, 7.

24-17 and I'm 50-50 on who is the 24 and who is the 17. I guess Iowa wins because it feels better to pick that....but I can totally see Iowa getting punked here again.

Fat Titsgerald has a special kind of hate in his heart for the Hawkeyes ever since we broke his leg and kept him out of what would've been the biggest game of his career.

10/10 chance he's going to dial it up to eleven against us because he knows his season is lost, and this is now their (mostly his) Super Bowl.

Love the Fats Titsgerald moniker. He is sure looking the part these days. I commented last time I saw those two together how much older but how much better shape Ferentz is in. He's not a fat cat like Pat.

Fat Titsgerald has a special kind of hate in his heart for the Hawkeyes ever since we broke his leg and kept him out of what would've been the biggest game of his career.

10/10 chance he's going to dial it up to eleven against us because he knows his season is lost, and this is now their (mostly his) Super Bowl.
Fitz.png

The 1916 Cumberland vs. Georgia Tech football game was the most lopsided in the history of college American football, with Georgia Tech winning 222–0. More recently, the highest scoring P5 game was in 2018 with TA&M beating LSU 74-72.

I can predict, with high confidence, that the IA-NW game will not break either of those records.

I'm thinking 31-10 Good guys.

I see the defense carrying us with a score and setting us up for a number of short fields in a game where our offense struggles, but not to the extent it has the past few weeks.

I thought Purdue at home was going to be a layup. This conference is anything but predictable. This will be closer than it should, but Iowa squeaks it out.

I was surprised to see the Vegas spread so large...12 points. I am going with a 21-17 game, Iowa.

24-10 Hawks

Not that Iowa is some world beater, but some of you don't realize how bad Northwestern is. I don't care if Fitz is making this their Super Bowl they can't stop anyone....even a bad offense like Iowa can move the football.

Last edited:
I'm thinking 31-10 Good guys.

I see the defense carrying us with a score and setting us up for a number of short fields in a game where our offense struggles, but not to the extent it has the past few weeks.
This is my prediction. NW has given up at least 30 pts to anyone w/ a pulse. Sure Iowa hasn’t appeared to have much of a pulse on offense over the past 3 games however it’s worth noting that was against the 3 best defenses in the B10 not named iowa.

Iowa does just enough to win and the D plays well enough to jump start the offense. Iowa 17-16

Latest posts