Iowa Needs A Barry Alvarez.

MelroseHawkins

Seriously. Iowa needs some alum who is 100% bought into Iowa with passion for the University of Iowa. Look what Barry Alvarez has done for Wisconsin. He built that place and both the football and basketball teams have had success on a consistent basis. Multiple BCS bowl games, division championships in football. Final four appearances in basketball. Even more impressive is that he is sustaining this at Wisconsin and having consistency in many sports even though going thru coaching changes. I realize he's kind of a control freak but the guy produces for that university.

What alum could be that guy for Iowa. Seriously, is Barta all in at Iowa? Is there any alum that could succeed as AD at Iowa and bring the passion. BJ Armstrong?

The point in the OP is that Iowa needs an Alum to run the show in the AD like Barry Alvarez. Well, Alvarez isn't an Alum of Wisconsin. So why does it have to be someone with direct ties to lead the Iowa AD?

The point in the OP is that Iowa needs an Alum to run the show in the AD like Barry Alvarez. Well, Alvarez isn't an Alum of Wisconsin. So why does it have to be someone with direct ties to lead the Iowa AD?
Yes and I pointed out that it was Pat Richter NOT Barry who turned that thing around and Pat is an ALUM. Maybe we were posting at the same time.

Pat Richter was the guy that turned everything around at Wisconsin and YES he is a UW alum that played football there.

Wisconsin sucked prior to Alvarez starting there. Alvarez pretty much did something similar to what Fry did, he changed the atmosphere, was the one who changed the logo design with the large W, etc. He resurrected that program, then basketball success followed after and both had consistency since.

100% Alvarez > Barta. Its undeniable. Although Barta owns Alvarez when it comes to baseball... :D

However, Alvarez hasn't really done shit for the basketball program. Bo Ryan was there before Alvarez was the AD. Also, Bo Ryan stepped down and basically forced Greg Gard into the new HC position, so Alvarez still hasn't really done anything for (or against) the basketball program....yet

Wisconsin sucked prior to Alvarez starting there. Alvarez pretty much did something similar to what Fry did, he changed the atmosphere, was the one who changed the logo design with the large W, etc. He resurrected that program, then basketball success followed after and both had consistency since.
Incorrect Wisconsin BBall started a sharp turn around when Richter hired Stu Jackson. They got rid of Steve Yoder.

Dick Bennett is the one who got the Badgers going in hoops.................................

"In 1995, Bennett replaced Stan Van Gundy at the University of Wisconsin–Madison as the head coach of the men's basketball team. In Bennett's first year, the Wisconsin Badgersearned a bid in the NIT. A year later, the Badgers notched their first winning record in Big Ten Conference play since 1974, and only their second since 1954. He coached Wisconsin to three NCAA tournament appearances, including the 2000 Final Four.[10] The Badgers had played in a total of three NCAA tournaments in their entire history prior to his arrival. Bennett also coached Wisconsin to its first ever 20-win season in 1998–99. Bennett resigned three games into the 2000–01 season citing burnout.[11] During his tenure at Wisconsinhe was 94–68 (.580) from 1995–2000."

Dick Bennett is the one who got the Badgers going in hoops.................................

"In 1995, Bennett replaced Stan Van Gundy at the University of Wisconsin–Madison as the head coach of the men's basketball team. In Bennett's first year, the Wisconsin Badgersearned a bid in the NIT. A year later, the Badgers notched their first winning record in Big Ten Conference play since 1974, and only their second since 1954. He coached Wisconsin to three NCAA tournament appearances, including the 2000 Final Four.[10] The Badgers had played in a total of three NCAA tournaments in their entire history prior to his arrival. Bennett also coached Wisconsin to its first ever 20-win season in 1998–99. Bennett resigned three games into the 2000–01 season citing burnout.[11] During his tenure at Wisconsinhe was 94–68 (.580) from 1995–2000."
Stu Jackson got the Badger program on track. Dick Bennett took them to a WHOLE new level. I lived there during the MOrton firing and the Alvarez hiring AND I had season tickets for Basketball when they fired Yoder. Please I know my Badger history.

I would rather have a 10-11 BB record and Iowa in the Road Stripe Bowl...than have Alvarez as the AD...not a fan...for many good reasons, having lived in Wisconsin for 30 years and hearing first hand of the slime...

But that is not the question...how about...Bob Sanders...Chad Greenway...Al Lorenzon...Steve Krafcisin...Ronnie Lester...Jess Settles... Chuck Long and...Chris Kingsbury****

BJ Armstrong is a sports agent. His name comes up when talking about head coach, now it comes up for AD. The NCAA would take a dim view of hiring a sports agent at a major university.

BJ Armstrong is a sports agent. His name comes up when talking about head coach, now it comes up for AD. The NCAA would take a dim view of hiring a sports agent at a major university.
The NCAA president ignored multiple RAPE reports. They can suck a fucking dick!

Latest posts