Iowa needs 3

What would point spread have to do with how tired the players are?

Please dont insinuate that Iowa players are interested in shaving points.

k thx

Depends on hard the players are playing, they might be in the game, but not playing hard if it's a 10-15 point game. How you got shaving points is beyond me, maybe you think like that, but I certainly don't.

Look at Southern Miss's profile. When you're done laughing come back and ask how they are even on the bubble. I like Lunardi, but how anyone could consider Southern Miss is beyond me.

This, they only are there because they have an RPI of 35, which is absurd.

Other teams listed that seem far-fetched:

St Mary's (1 top 50 win, but have a chance vs Gonzaga)
MTSU (1 top 100 win)
Ole Miss (1 top 50 win, 2 200+ losses)
UMASS (1 top 50 win)
Alabama (1 top 50 win, 4 100+ losses)
LA Tech (1 top 50 win)
Bucknell (1 top 50 win)
Akron (1 top 50 win)

If it is really about who did you beat, these teams came up empty. Iowa has as many good wins as most of the list on CBS, but as usual, RPI is killing them (and 3 100+ losses). If Nebraska got below 100 at the end, it would help.

This, they only are there because they have an RPI of 35, which is absurd.

Other teams listed that seem far-fetched:

St Mary's (1 top 50 win, but have a chance vs Gonzaga)
MTSU (1 top 100 win)
Ole Miss (1 top 50 win, 2 200+ losses)
UMASS (1 top 50 win)
Alabama (1 top 50 win, 4 100+ losses)
LA Tech (1 top 50 win)
Bucknell (1 top 50 win)
Akron (1 top 50 win)

If it is really about who did you beat, these teams came up empty. Iowa has as many good wins as most of the list on CBS, but as usual, RPI is killing them (and 3 100+ losses). If Nebraska got below 100 at the end, it would help.

Goes to show you how much the scheduling matters. Neutral court games against even mediocre teams probably would have given this team a boost in that regard. Southern Miss really hasn't beaten anybody impressive, but it does seem like they scheduled at least enough respectable opponents to get considered. I'd guess Iowa is the better team (haven't watched Southern Miss play). Makes it that much more frustrating.

I'm with most of you, win 1 and it is NIT, win 2 and there is a solid chance, win 3 should be a lock, and win 4 then we don't have to worry at all.

Michigan State only beat NW by 10. They appear to have peaked a few games ago
. This is a good 2nd round draw IMO. I like the match up with Ohio State. These are signature type wins. If we had somehow gotten Wisconsin it would have been a quality win but not the type of win that gets anyone's attention. Beating Michigan State will get people (media, etc.) talking about Iowa and the bubble.

Or maybe NW is starting to get it together and that's why they only lost by 10 up in East Lansing. Just sayin'.

Or maybe NW is starting to get it together and that's why they only lost by 10 up in East Lansing. Just sayin'.

NW can get it together and I'm still not worried. We swept them with no trouble. The 1st time we beat them they still had the core of their rotation. They aren't going to get taller between now and Thursday.

I would say 2 wins and we are in...if there is any justice in the world(there may not be). It's debatable if 2 is enough but the more I learn about how teams are selected, the more upset I get.

1 win certainly isn't enough, 3 is an absolute lock regardless of what anyone else does.

Hate looking backwards with the "what ifs" but I watched almost every game this year (first time in about 10 years I can say that) and just can't help thinking "why not just ONE of those games against MSU, WISC, nebby#1, purdue #1 or a couple of the other heartbreakers.....Just ONE and we are likely well inside the bubble only needing 1 more victory to seal it.....

Iowa needs 3 wins in the B1G tourney to make a solid in to the dance. 2 wins gets them on the bubble IMHO.

So what your saying is that we are not on the bubble and those that are saying we our, they don't know diddly because in your opinion we won't be there until we beat MSU.

Gotcha!!:rolleyes:

So what your saying is that we are not on the bubble and those that are saying we our, they don't know diddly because in your opinion we won't be there until we beat MSU.

Gotcha!!:rolleyes:

I come from an old school terminology of what "on the bubble" means. Back in my day there were not 5 different stages of on the bubble.

To me on the bubble means it’s a 50/50, and right now I've seen a lot saying they are not in...period.

Look Iowa is the only B1G team not to have a win over a top 25 team.

Now according to the 5 degrees of being on the bubble the Hawks are there somewhere...yes. What I am saying if the Hawks can win 2 then I think it actually puts them on the bubble, and makes it tuff for the committee to leave them out or let them in.

B.S. Iowa is on bubble, and will make it in as other conferences fall apart. Winning 1st round game would help a small amount, but not necessary. NW is like a 160 RPI, that does nothing for us. MI State is playing very bad, this should be a W for Franny. They barely beat NW.

It is foolish to presuppose a win against Michigan St, particularly during an elimination game. With recent history as a reliable indicator, Iowa endures complications consummating games of tremendous consequence, while Michigan St is antithetical.

Michigan State is definitely good, but they don't scare me, either. Iowa matches up pretty well with them, maybe better now than they did in January. Marble is back (and playing better than he was in January), and Olaseni has a more prominent role now.

Michigan isn't as good, but they are a much worse matchup for Iowa, IMO.

Win two, and Iowa is firmly on the bubble and could sneak in. Win three, and they're a lock.

I mentioned this in another thread and I will repeat it here. Even during the down years there has never been a Big Ten team left out of the tournament with 22 wins overall since it expanded to 64. Now 68 teams get in and the Big Ten is as good as its ever been and some of you feel a 10 win team (in conference/BTT) gets left out?

I come from an old school terminology of what "on the bubble" means. Back in my day there were not 5 different stages of on the bubble.

To me on the bubble means it’s a 50/50, and right now I've seen a lot saying they are not in...period.

Look Iowa is the only B1G team not to have a win over a top 25 team.

Now according to the 5 degrees of being on the bubble the Hawks are there somewhere...yes. What I am saying if the Hawks can win 2 then I think it actually puts them on the bubble, and makes it tuff for the committee to leave them out or let them in.

Outside of that being completely false, sure, great point, Flounder.

NCAA College Basketball Polls, College Basketball Rankings, NCAA Basketball Polls - ESPN

I agree with the majority here in that two wins puts us firmly on the bubble as a favorite and three locks us in. Four wins of course is the automatic bid, makes Fran Big Ten coach of the year (possible national coach of the year) and gets us in the top twenty to start out next season. Puff, Puff, Puff Puff. No it's not pot.....it's my inhailer for my asthma. :)

Latest posts