Iowa National Title Hopes Take Beating Tonight

I just looked at CFN poll out this morning. They (like everyone else) still hate Iowa. Oregon did take USC's spot in their poll, and surprise, surprise, USC with 2 losses (and one being that woodshed beating last night at Oregon) USC still didn't drop out of the top ten. How in the name of sanity does a team get to loose 2 conference games and still stay in the top 10????? Well, if you have money to buy players-you are probable buying sports writers too.

It's funny aint it folks....they mention that early season loss USC had, (Oregon had one too) and they just overlook it....you know...an aberation....a bad night....and it's OK. But that early season win for Iowa over UNI....a WIN mind you....it's a strike against you. I could go on a make some very insensitive comments about those writers-but their stupidy speaks for itself.

Keep in mind it's a CFN poll. :)

Not only is UNI considered a loss, but I bet Iowa loses ground after this game as well. Iowa is the only team that could cover a 17.5 spread and have it considered a negative. If Texas did the same thing, they would say the Longhorns were just in cruise mode and then turned on the gas when they needed to. If Florida did it, it would be a sign of Tebow just willing the team to win. Iowa does it and it means they suck.

Not only is UNI considered a loss, but I bet Iowa loses ground after this game as well. Iowa is the only team that could cover a 17.5 spread and have it considered a negative. If Texas did the same thing, they would say the Longhorns were just in cruise mode and then turned on the gas when they needed to. If Florida did it, it would be a sign of Tebow just willing the team to win. Iowa does it and it means they suck.

How True..

Not only is UNI considered a loss, but I bet Iowa loses ground after this game as well. Iowa is the only team that could cover a 17.5 spread and have it considered a negative. If Texas did the same thing, they would say the Longhorns were just in cruise mode and then turned on the bass when they needed to. If Florida did it, it would be a sign of Tebow just willing the team to win. Iowa does it and it means they suck.

Here is my fear. Iowa goes undefeated. OSU beats PSU making each a 2 loss team. Texas and Florida go the the NC game. Boise and TCU in end up in BCS Bowls undefeated. Iowa beats Oregon in the Rose Bowl and ends up ranked # 4.

13-0 and ranked #4 at the end of the season - I really can't remember one better that I've viewed! Could be worse.

Jon,

You of all people should know better......

Remember K-State against Oklahoma in the B12 championship? Colorado against Nebby in the B12 championship? Ole Miss against Florida last year? The UCLA/Miami hurricane make-up game? Tennessee against Arkansas in the SEC Championship? And on and on and on....

The point is this.....It's foolish to start playing prognosticator with other teams' schedules given the history of college football at the end of the year. It's always interesting to see what happens with 18-22 year olds (not to mention 50 year old coaches) when the pressures of an undefeated season start weighing more and more heavily on them.....especially against teams who have absolutely nothing to lose. Who says Baylor or Kansas or A&M doesn't play out of their mind and upset Texas? Who says someone in the SEC doesn't play out of their mind and upset Florida and/or Alabama?

I guarantee that if Iowa goes undefeated they will be in the NC game.
usc vs random pac 10 team

Ranking college football teams is a lot like picking stocks. You have to keep your emotions out of it, and let the numbers talk for themselves. Look at the BCS rankings (computers only) Oregon #6 and USC #9, but the national media is acting like this was some sort of upset.

Iowa should remain a top the computer polls and the humans can't keep them down forever. I think Iowa's chances are better than anyone gives them credit for, if Iowa can beat Ohio St.

Jon,
The point is this.....It's foolish to start playing prognosticator with other teams' schedules given the history of college football at the end of the year. It's always interesting to see what happens with 18-22 year olds (not to mention 50 year old coaches) when the pressures of an undefeated season start weighing more and more heavily on them.....especially against teams who have absolutely nothing to lose. Who says Baylor or Kansas or A&M doesn't play out of their mind and upset Texas? Who says someone in the SEC doesn't play out of their mind and upset Florida and/or Alabama?

the refs doing their games for starters....:p

Lets assume Iowa does go 12-0.

I dont think Texas loses a game this year. Will kill Kstate in B12 title game. They look great. They are in the NC game.

Bama maybe loses to LSU. UF will run the table until the SEC championship game. So we need LSU to beat bama, then bama to beat UF in the SEC Championship game.

If LSU beats Alabama, it will be LSU playing Florida for the SEC title, not Bama.

At this point Texas will be tough too beat if they play at that level, but no team is perfect this season for sure. So lets focus on NU and enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Iowa is never going to get lots of respect across the nation because we are not quote a traditional power that is what the media likes in football, but Iowa plays best with a chip on our shoulder so lets keep it that way and win out and go 12-0 and see what happens.

IF, and I mean IF, we go 12-0 and win our bowl, we will finish no worse than #2 in every poll. In fact, depending on how things play out and how the NC game goes, we could get quite a few 1st place votes, maybe even enough for a controversy. Bottom line, we got to get to 12-0.

I would enjoy seeing us play oregon in the rose bowl, if that's what it comes to. certainly. i would love to see us in the NC game, but I think it would be an awsome showdown, oregons spread against our awesome D. I hope that guy from oregon tries to punch pat angerer. that would be hilarious.

Texas blowing out Oklahoma State puts a big dent in Iowa's hopes.

Now, I am not really even thinking about this, based on the likelihood that every Iowa game from here on out is going to be tedious and on a razor's edge...BUT, they are 9-0, they play in the Big Ten and in the Top Five of the BCS.

Texas hosts Central Florida, is at Baylor, hosts Kansas and closes at Texas A&M. They will be double digit favorites in each of those games. Of course, they will face a Big 12 North opponent in the Big 12 title game, but I don't believe there is a team in that division that can stay within 10 points of Texas.

Unless Alabama or Florida lose a regular season game, then the team that loses that regular season game wins the SEC title game, I think it's going to be an SEC champ vs Texas National title game whether or not Iowa goes 12-0 or not.

well said

Latest posts