Iowa/Missouri in Insight NOT Nebraska???

I have no problem in playing Missouri. I'd like to beat the **** out of them(since Illinois pees down their leg every time they play them).

Jon I watched them....Gabbert has a better arm then Persa. Might not be as mobile but he's fairly fast.

I have watched them play four or five times this year. He is good. More scary to me than Martinez from Nebraska. But from all he has to hurt you with, I think Dan Persa is more dangerous.

I have no problem in playing Missouri. I'd like to beat the **** out of them(bince Illinois pees down their leg every time they play them).

Good point, and I totally agree, burky.

Nebraska vs Washington Holiday Bowl hahaha, another rematch. I guess money really is the only thing that matters to these bowl committees.

I have watched them play four or five times this year. He is good. More scary to me than Martinez from Nebraska. But from all he has to hurt you with, I think Dan Persa is more dangerous.

Gabbert has decent straight line speed, but he can't change directions and squirm around like Persa. Gabbert has a better arm and attacks down field better, but is probably not as accurate. Gabbert will have to beat us with his arm, Persa killed us with his feet.

Jon I watched them....Gabbert has a better arm then Persa. Might not be as mobile but he's fairly fast.

Well let's just say a QB that can only put up 14 points on ISU's D doesn't really scare me. Persa and NW would have put up more than 14 points.

This is what I'm saying...not only emotionally...but Missouri is not a good matchup for us...Nebraska is a much better match up. Unless they've changed their offense Mizzou spreads it way out and dinks it.

Nebraska vs Washington Holiday Bowl hahaha, another rematch. I guess money really is the only thing that matters to these bowl committees.

Well whoever is in charge of the Insight Bowl shouldn't have a freakin job tomorrow by passing on Nebraska for Missouri.

Can we play this game in Chicago? why go all the way to the desert?

Fitting ending to this year. Game nobody cares about, played at a time when nobody will be watching, against an uninspiring team that is built to roll the Hawks, in an area of the country where the Hawks can't win.

Fitting ending to this year. Game nobody cares about, played at a time when nobody will be watching, against an uninspiring team that is built to roll the Hawks, in an area of the country where the Hawks can't win.

hahahahaha.. Unreal that Insight passes on Nebraska. Just goes to show you all you need to know about Bowl committee's. Crazy!!

The weather in December is much, much different then when Iowa normally plays in Arizona. Down right beautiful this time of year.

So is this the Big 12 knocking the departing Huskers down or the Insight not wanting to violate the BigTen/Big 12 agreement by taking nother "BigTen" soon to be team?

Wonder if there's politics more than money in play

Missouri is a worse matchup for a lot of reasons. The biggest is that the attendance for this game just got cut by over half by having Missouri instead of Nebraska. Iowa fans will not travel as well with Mizzou being the opponent versus Nebraska, and Mizzou fans are well known for not traveling to bowl games at all. That is why ISU was picked for this bowl last year ahead of Missouri... Missouri is well known for not going to bowl games.

The other reason this is a worse matchup, Missouri throws the ball all over the place, while Nebraska cannot throw the ball at all. I thought Nebraska was actually a good matchup for Iowa. Just stop the run and you've won.

I cannot believe the Insight picked Mizzou?? Terrible.

Latest posts