Iowa/Missouri in Insight NOT Nebraska???

Missouri is a worse matchup for a lot of reasons. The biggest is that the attendance for this game just got cut by over half by having Missouri instead of Nebraska. Iowa fans will not travel as well with Mizzou being the opponent versus Nebraska, and Mizzou fans are well known for not traveling to bowl games at all. That is why ISU was picked for this bowl last year ahead of Missouri... Missouri is well known for not going to bowl games.

The other reason this is a worse matchup, Missouri throws the ball all over the place, while Nebraska cannot throw the ball at all. I thought Nebraska was actually a good matchup for Iowa. Just stop the run and you've won.

I cannot believe the Insight picked Mizzou?? Terrible.

Iowa travels well even if they have a terrible season, ala Iowa vs Texas in 2006 when they set a alamo dome record its just not a issue. Also helps that theres already a lot of Iowa snowbirds in Arizona.

Iowa prepares well when given time. For example, last year Georgia Tech was a one dimensional team and Iowa shut that down. From the looks of things Mizzou is also a one dimensional team. I think Iowa will be well prepared.

Latest posts