Iowa-Minny prediction thread

just like last week it will be another dominating performance. Floyd stays at his rightful home in Iowa City.

110533_20130814_210238_download_%283%29.jpg

Stop bringing logic and reason into this. You're giving us things that can lead to a healthy life. This is sports. We're supposed to be biased and unreasonable to the point of stroking out any time things don't go our way or when fans of other teams don't agree with us. Now excuse me while someone puts a mirror in front of my face to see if I'm still breathing.

Minny has lost their edge rusher to injury which is going to give JR time to find his open WRs. Cobb will bust a long TD and grind out some yards but their lack of a passing attack will be their undoing. Floyd wants to winter at his Southern home and smiles for the Hawkeyes as Iowa wins this one 35-17

Iowa 55
Minny 7

Iowas offense improves slightly. Im not sold they are going to do a lot better. Defense stays the same.

Potentially the fastest game of all time. The ball will be run so much it might feel like a soccer game with running clock and the only stoppage in time will be between quarters. Iowa wins 20-10 and the game is done by 1 o clock.

As for Minny's running game. Cobb has good numbers, but if you take the Eastern Illinois (14 carries-71yds), TCU (15-41), and Northwestern (30-97) games, he's gotten 209 yards on 59 carries for 3.5 ypc. Heck, if you take out the 1 long run he had against Illannoy (which I know you can't) he had 51 yards on 21 carries, for 2.4 ypc.

Team rankings rushing defense
Iowa--37th
TCU--41st
Northwestern--66th
Illannoy--123rd out of 124 (ahead of Troy), allowing 263 ypg and 5.3 ypc WOW!
E. Illinois--50th in 1-AA/FCS

His 3 biggest games came against Middle Tennessese St (81st ranked rushing defense), San Jose St. (115th), and Purdue (86th).

I'm not saying he's not good, but we can certainly slow him down.

Due to Iowa's weak schedule I really can't trust the Stats... Now break down Iowa the same way and don't be surprised on what you find.. We had our first 100 yard back in week 8.

Last edited:
I really feel like this game is gonna turn out like the 2010 and 2011 games did. Kill's Minnesota teams remind me a lot of Rhode's isu teams, where they always put more emphasis on beating iowa, like its their super bowl. Kill will do anything to win this game.

I feel like KF and GD are gonna go back to their lame, conservative style of offense, much like what happened after we beat indiana and went to Maryland. I think this will be a very frustrating game, and the critiques come out once again.

Cobb runs for 213 yards on 30 carries, and 3 TDs
Weisman runs for 105 on 20 carries and 1 TD, with Akrum staying on the bench most of the game. (which will be very frustrating). Canzeri has 10 carries for 45 yards.

Ruddock throws 40+ times for 200 yards and 2 tds, and 2 int.

Final score, Minnesota 24, iowa 21. Minnesota recovers and onside kick in this game, at a random time, and run a fake punt.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not getting the Minnesota's gonna run all over us type of feel to this game. One dimensional teams haven't really given us issues this year (NW and Pitt). Indiana wasn't one dimensional with Sudfield in the game and I think Coleman had one long run after he left...the rest were less than 2 yards a carry. So the second half, one dimensional Indiana, not much.

Provided we show up on the DL and at LB, which I believe we will, one would believe we can shut down Cobb. If we don't turn the ball over, we should be able to win this game...and if we get a few big plays, comfortably.

Another head scratcher ... Will we see the Iowa team that showed up against NW? Or will we see the team that has mostly been playing one half per game of decent football? I want to BELIEVE we have more talent than the Goofers ... The expected weather leads me to think this game won't be real high-scoring.

I am going to say this Iowa team puts together another good performance ... Jake throws for about 180 yards ... and we pound the ball at them ... Minny is following the format it usually does ... start strong against so-so opponents and then sort of fade away when it gets into the thick of Big 10 play ...

That being said ... they have still found ways to beat Iowa ...

Iowa 23
Minnesota 13

Cold and wind will limit both teams. Passing will be difficult. Iowa 13 Minny 10.

And I love how some point out how Kill beat Iowa in 2011....he was not their coach in 2010.
KF and Iowa kicked Kills butt the last two seasons, but guess that does not count. Kill is 1-2 vs Iowa...not exactly dominating.

Iowa 55
Minny 7

Iowas offense improves slightly. Im not sold they are going to do a lot better. Defense stays the same.

I would love this. It reminds me of my days living in Minnesota when Hayden would put the bootstraps to the Gophers. One thing that always seemed strange to me, the people I was around in Albert Lea defended the Gophers much more than the people I was around when I lived in St. Paul.

Considering the weather forecast of cold and windy, I will predict a low scoring slobber-knocker. Iowa 17-13

Iowa 55
Minny 7

So do the Iowa Fans then tear down the goal posts and parade around Kinnick North? That is still the funniest damn video I've ever seen for a post game celebration. You tear down the opposing teams goal posts and parade around trying to figure out how to get them out of the stadium.

Security at the Metrodome was a little lax.

Iowa 20 Minn 6

It's going to be old school B10 football. Iowa's defensive line is playing too good right now for Minnesota's one dimensional offense to do much of anything. I don't expect much out of the Iowa offense either, but they have a couple of big plays that will be the difference. Wouldn't be surprised to see the defense come up with one of those big plays once the game is in the 4th quarter and Minny is forced to attempt to pass.

Latest posts