Iowa might be able to get 2 wins this week

Tennessee St. we'd better be able to beat.

PSU is our best chance at a Big Ten win. If we don't get that one, I'm not sure who we will beat.

Tenn St is around 280th in the Sagarin ratings when i saw them last - we better be able to beat these chumps

Geez, it's really sad and depressing that this is what's it come to...I used to be a very passionate Hawks bball fan.

Sure hope you are right stormin. I am going to Florida for a couple months. I don't remember if I can get BTN down there or not!

Tenn State perhaps, PSU No way.

No way on PSU? Why?

Stop Talor Battle, stop the Lions. Between him and Edwards, they take over half of PSU's shots.

They don't play tough D at all, they don't force turnovers. It's a great matchup for Iowa.

Iowa gets 2 this week.

Also, there will be a lot of Hawkeyenation/Insider guys at the game on Saturday - Hawkeye101, MissouriHawk, Seth, myself, etc... it's a good omen.

Here's a head scratcher:

Tennessee beat #1 Kansas using only six scholarship players including 3 walk-ons that played 45 minutes and minus their best player, Tyler Smith.
Iowa uses one walk-on for around 10 minutes a game and still has their best player, Matt Gatens, play 40 minutes and gets blown-out against teams.

Shows Bruce Pearl can even "recruit" top notch walk-ons as well as blue-chip players!

Sure hope you are right stormin. I am going to Florida for a couple months. I don't remember if I can get BTN down there or not!

I live in Tampa, and BTN is available on Verizon Fios, Directv, Dish, etc. I can't say for sure about the local cable providers though. I'm a Fios customer..

Here's a head scratcher:

Tennessee beat #1 Kansas using only six scholarship players including 3 walk-ons that played 45 minutes and minus their best player, Tyler Smith.
Iowa uses one walk-on for around 10 minutes a game and still has their best player, Matt Gatens, play 40 minutes and gets blown-out against teams.

Shows Bruce Pearl can even "recruit" top notch walk-ons as well as blue-chip players!

Tennessee has a lot more talent on their team. Much more depth.
Didn't expect them to beat KU, but to compare to Iowa isn't really that much of deal. UT is that much better than Iowa.

And Tyler Smith is so many levels above Matt on the talent gauge - not a dig on Gatens, but it's the truth. Smith had NBA game his frosh year at Iowa, Matt isn't close to having that at his soph year.

No way on PSU? Why?

Stop Talor Battle, stop the Lions. Between him and Edwards, they take over half of PSU's shots.

They don't play tough D at all, they don't force turnovers. It's a great matchup for Iowa.

Iowa gets 2 this week.

Why? Because Iowa is not playing the same competitive level as all the other BigTen teams. I will agree with you that if Iowa can play their best game of the year, they could be right there in the end, but they haven't proven the ability to play at that level yet.
PSU 67
Iowa 59
Hope I'm wrong.

Latest posts