Iowa/Michigan next week 11:00 BTN

Hawkfromnorwalk

@BlairRIVALS: RT "@TheIowaHawkeyes: Iowa-Michigan football game next Saturday will kickoff at 11 am (CT) and will be televised on BTN. #Hawkeyes"

As usual those of us hoping for a non 11:00am kickoff get screwed. Nebby/PSU got the 2:30 BTN slot and Wiscy/Minny gets the ABC/ESPN slot (deservedly so). Getting beat out by Nebby/Pedo State pizzes me off though. Really wanted an afternoon kickoff...

Knew Michigan had to win to have a shot at the 2:30 slot but thought they would look better doing it. Oh we'll, St Paul to Iowa City Saturday morning it is. Hope the Hawkeyes show up for the game!!

11 am kicks are the best, no waiting around for gametime all day. If hawks win, we get all day to celebrate, if they lose...well then we can move on to something else. Far better than night games imo.

11 am kicks are the best, no waiting around for gametime all day. If hawks win, we get all day to celebrate, if they lose...well then we can move on to something else. Far better than night games imo.

This is ridiculous!

First of all, it's not "waiting around for game time all day". It's called TAILGATING! And if you're bored doing it, then you're doing it wrong!

Secondly, we can't take all day to celebrate a win. They want us out of the tailgating lots a few hours after the game ends.

2:30 games are perfect. Night games are great fun, but in moderation.

This year we got screwed on both.

I just like a mixture of start times. Love to be able to visit different tailgates, and very hard to do that prior to 11am. To each their own though.

Someone call the waaaaambulance the Hawks are on tv again, god forbid they weren't and I had to read about how espn/btn networks hate us. People take too many things for granted, and whining about start time and network just proves it.

We could go back to having to listen to Zabel only for the games, which wasn't a bad thing at all, but I think we could use some perspective on how good things are now compared to a couple decades ago.

I can get up in the middle of the night and drive and cook, but even a bloody does not come easy before 10. So there are two ways to look at, the u is curbing drinking or they are making full blown alchies who start much earlier than normal. Hope they are achieving the desired affect they hoped for.
btw i think all games should not start before i have had a chance to have breakfast and lunch. Why cant i have my lunch and my game to? Is that such an unreasonable request?
Another btw, people who eat sober up. So breakfast, some drinks and then lunch before a game, is healthier, for the economy it is wealthier and for the u it is wise. But what do i know.

WE did not do us any favors for anything other than dog crap 11am starts!!!

Neither did Indiana or Illinois yet they got a variety of home kickoff times. Hoosiers got a night game and two 2:30 kickoffs. Illinois got one night game and one 2:30 conference kickoff. Even lil' ol'Purdue got a night game. The more I think about it the more I believe the administration is just as much to blame for this as the networks.

Someone call the waaaaambulance the Hawks are on tv again, god forbid they weren't and I had to read about how espn/btn networks hate us. People take too many things for granted, and whining about start time and network just proves it.

We could go back to having to listen to Zabel only for the games, which wasn't a bad thing at all, but I think we could use some perspective on how good things are now compared to a couple decades ago.

Who is crying about what network we are on? Nobody is. Go back and read the thread, we're pizzed about the start time. I would take a game on PBS if we had a 2:30 kickoff.

Knew Michigan had to win to have a shot at the 2:30 slot but thought they would look better doing it. Oh we'll, St Paul to Iowa City Saturday morning it is. Hope the Hawkeyes show up for the game!!
Have you ever missed the 380 exit to Cedar Rapids? Just wondering....

Who is crying about what network we are on? Nobody is. Go back and read the thread, we're pizzed about the start time. I would take a game on PBS if we had a 2:30 kickoff.
EXACTLY. 2:30 on pbs or 11 on btn has the same impact on recruiting. Talk about stacking the deck against yourself.
Besides hawk fans who gets up at 9 west of iowa to watch????

I would have liked a 2:30 kickoff. If I have any problems with navigation, I have time to correct before game time.

Latest posts