Iowa/Michigan next week 11:00 BTN

Besides Hawk fans, who's watching at 2:30?
true. My point is game day atmosphere and recruiting can both be helped with later games and a little less concern about people tailgating.
When at home wisky should always be a night game. Nebby, mich, osu, msu, should all be 2:30. Unless it turns out its two top 10 teams, then that should be a night game as well.

Last edited:
Neither did Indiana or Illinois yet they got a variety of home kickoff times. Hoosiers got a night game and two 2:30 kickoffs. Illinois got one night game and one 2:30 conference kickoff. Even lil' ol'Purdue got a night game. The more I think about it the more I believe the administration is just as much to blame for this as the networks.

TV makes the decision, but schools without question make their preferences known. I don't care either way, but they definitely do have input.

TV makes the decision, but schools without question make their preferences known. I don't care either way, but they definitely do have input.
I dont think so. Why would tv guys say they wish teams would play more night games if that were the case? The conference has a say, just like no nights in november. Tv just picks em.

11AM starts. Another reason to think about getting rid of Curt Ferentz. Hey, I can be curt too, Ferentz....

Last edited:
More wins means better start times. Better home opponents means better starts also.

Home games
NIU - 2:30
Mo State - would have to look at all the other matchups, but yeah, 11am
ISU - Who cares outside of the state?
Sparty - Coulda been 2:30 if we hadn't been 3-9 last year. Had Iowa been 9-3 last year and 4-1 coming into this game a good argument for 2:30 could have been made
NW - Them, 0fer in conference. Us 1-2
Wisky - again, win more games last year. Even at 2-2 in conference this could have been a marque matchup.
Mich - They stink. We're 6-4.

For those of us who can't go to the games, 11 am actually works pretty well. Last year it didn't help much as the miserable season meant I had to take a nap and miss part of the day to recover from the drinking.

I love 11am start times - said the old guy who hates fun and has a 20min drive and prolly is stupid and isnt good at tailgating and has nothing to do the night before and can take a nap after the game and eats supper at 5pm and has an ugly wife and a dog who doesnt listen and a crappy car but a suprisingly kept up house in a crappy area.

All these early games still pizzes me off.
Now that is a fact!!
Makes me want to crap in someones fish tank.

Latest posts