Iowa - Michigan game start time

tubahawk

Anyone one know when the Iowa-Michigan game time will be announced?

Any chance it will be a night game?

I'm hoping for a 2:30 start time! My only trip to Iowa City this year, need more time to hang out around Kinnick!!!!!

Well you can bet that Wisconsin/Minnesota will be on ABC/ESPN2 mirror at 2:30.

Other B1G games that day:

Nebraska at Penn State likely 2:30 BTN
Illinois at Purdue likely 11am BTN
Michigan State at Northwestern likely 11 am ESPN2
Indiana at Ohio State likely 11 am ESPN

I'm guessing Iowa vs. Michigan is 11 am on BTN.

Don't matter just gotta get that win. Need to play decent football for the Sr's. Tired of losing at Kinnick.

Does anybody know the selection order for networks?

I would assume the ABC/ESPN2 2:30 slot gets first choice but then after that whats the order?

ABC/ESPN is one entity, and they make all their picks. Then, whatever is left goes to BTN.

So if there is 3 games on the ABC Networks (11AM ESPN, 11AM ESPN2 and 230 ABC/ESPN2), they get to pick all those slots before the BTN can select one?

So if there is 3 games on the ABC Networks (11AM ESPN, 11AM ESPN2 and 230 ABC/ESPN2), they get to pick all those slots before the BTN can select one?

Yes. ESPN owns the B1G TV rights I believe. In the SEC, CBS gets first pick, then ESPN, then SEC network. Same concept here minus the CBS part.

I would assume 11am, but last weekend ABC had Michigan/Nebraska at 230 and ESPN carried the Wisconsin/BYU game at 230. Strange ESPN would have 2 Big 10 games at 230

Here is my prediction.

Illinois @ Purdue: 11 AM BTN
Nebraska @ PSU: 11 AM ESPN2
Indiana @ OSU: 11 AM ESPN
MSU @ NU: 11 AM BTN
Michigan @ Iowa: 230 BTN
Minny @ Wisky: 230 ABC/ESPN2 Mirror

The networks get something like two weeks a year where they can wait until the Monday of game week to make their selections. It appears, from what I've seen on twitter, that they are using that option for the 11/23 games. So the game times won't be announced until after 11/16 games are played.

Will be shocked if it is not 11 oclock kickoff. Sally wants it that way...get'em in, get their cash, and get'em the hell outta town as early and quickly as possible. No fun allowed!

Will be shocked if it is not 11 oclock kickoff. Sally wants it that way...get'em in, get their cash, and get'em the hell outta town as early and quickly as possible. No fun allowed!

Great point. TV controls the kickoff time for every team in the country but Iowa, which chooses their own game times.

Latest posts