Iowa-Michigan 2016 crazy replay.

Grady

Just watched the 2016 replay of the Iowa (5-4) vs #3 Michigan (9-0) game. Wow. Beathard has a bad game. Recinos misses a 30 yd FG. P Caluza mishandles a high snap, stumbles forward, does a front-flip, lands on the ground and a Michigan players falls on top of him and is ejected for targeting. The next punt, standing still, he draws a 'running into the kicker' penalty; the NEXT PLAY he does a running soccer-style punt and draws ANOTHER 'running into the kicker' penalty! Wadley was almost a 1-man team, with over 100 yds rushing in the 1st half -- much of it with pure speed and twists & turns. Hawks get a safety. WR Falcon drops a wide-open 2-pt conversion. The Michigan QB overthrows 2 bombs with their WRs running wide open. Down by 2, Iowa CB Rugumba makes a great INT with 3 min remaining to prevent a Michigan FG; Beathard throws another poor pass which is INTd with 1.5 min left. Iowa holds and Desmond King gets a facemask penalty on the punt return. The Hawks move into FG position with 2 great Greg Davis play calls: a 1st and 10 screen to Wadley; and a 3rd down draw play by Beathard. True FR Duncan nails the FG for the win.

It's probably gonna take a similarly weird, crazy game on Oct. 1 for the Hawks to beat the Wolverines this year!

The Iowa-Mich game may be too early this year to duplicate that kind of crazy. Those type of games work better in late October or November.

I watched that replay as well.

I was at the game. Remember it well. Biggest regret is i did not charge the field. I thought I was too old for such non-sense, but those opportunities are rare (and now I know I am too old to do it!).

It was a crazy game. Terrible offense and QB play, and stout defense, especially from the Hawks who were embarrassed by PSU the week before. Michigan was way overrated. They had great players, but that QB sucked.

I especially appreciated how the Hawks contained Peppers and made him a non-factor in the game. If I remember correctly he was considered a Heisman candidate at that point.

Just watched the 2016 replay of the Iowa (5-4) vs #3 Michigan (9-0) game. Wow. Beathard has a bad game. Recinos misses a 30 yd FG. P Caluza mishandles a high snap, stumbles forward, does a front-flip, lands on the ground and a Michigan players falls on top of him and is ejected for targeting. The next punt, standing still, he draws a 'running into the kicker' penalty; the NEXT PLAY he does a running soccer-style punt and draws ANOTHER 'running into the kicker' penalty! Wadley was almost a 1-man team, with over 100 yds rushing in the 1st half -- much of it with pure speed and twists & turns. Hawks get a safety. WR Falcon drops a wide-open 2-pt conversion. The Michigan QB overthrows 2 bombs with their WRs running wide open. Down by 2, Iowa CB Rugumba makes a great INT with 3 min remaining to prevent a Michigan FG; Beathard throws another poor pass which is INTd with 1.5 min left. Iowa holds and Desmond King gets a facemask penalty on the punt return. The Hawks move into FG position with 2 great Greg Davis play calls: a 1st and 10 screen to Wadley; and a 3rd down draw play by Beathard. True FR Duncan nails the FG for the win.

It's probably gonna take a similarly weird, crazy game on Oct. 1 for the Hawks to beat the Wolverines this year!
Guess there is no need to watch the replay! LOL! Nice recap.

That pretty much summed it up yeah. Crazy things happen at Kinnick they just do.

I remember being happy that Harbaugh got to experience PTSD experiencing a field goal loss at Kinnick as the starting QB and decades later as the head coach. It is good to pass down such traditions to the next generation!

No, Iowa will win this game handily. This is not the same Michigan team but almost the same Iowa team, and this will be an angry Iowa team looking for payback. Plus it's in Kinnick-sold out Kinnick. Hawks are going to put a beat down on those Wolverines.

I watched that replay as well.

I was at the game. Remember it well. Biggest regret is i did not charge the field. I thought I was too old for such non-sense, but those opportunities are rare (and now I know I am too old to do it!).

It was a crazy game. Terrible offense and QB play, and stout defense, especially from the Hawks who were embarrassed by PSU the week before. Michigan was way overrated. They had great players, but that QB sucked.
At this game and it was fantastic, got my favorite picture of a dejected Michigan fan who wouldn't leave the stands just stared at the fans in disbelief. I remember the Michigan fans being incredible rude and disrespectful before the game chanting "Go Blue" in the entrance and blocking people getting to their seats.

The younger Michigan fans are always arrogant, stupid jerks (their older fans are usually great). They got a face full at Kinnick that night. That is a great memory. Kinnick just exploded on them in the second half.....that crappy QB was powerless. One of Iowa's greatest wins.