Iowa Message Boards

BGOLD

Let me preface this by saying it’s not my intention to hate on the HN board, so please don’t make the discussion about that.
I am curious though, do any of you participate on other boards? I’m only familiar with HR otherwise. Are there other boards that you participate in, and if so what is your experience?

Let me preface this by saying it’s not my intention to hate on the HN board, so please don’t make the discussion about that.
I am curious though, do any of you participate on other boards? I’m only familiar with HR otherwise. Are there other boards that you participate in, and if so what is your experience?

No other. I do for fun about once a month look at ISU, Nebby, and a few others. It amazes me the number of Iowa fans that invade other forums. It's nuts. Iowa fans have their own weirdness. You don't see it from other fans like that.

Last edited:
Good forum sites have become scarce over the years.

My guess is that the site administrators ultimately determine that the time and hassle managing forums is not worth the internet click revenue, and give them the axe.

247 had a very good forum for years, especially when Todd Worley managed it (not sure what he is doing now), then the Iowa forum lost all of its moderators. After being ignored by 247 for months, the majority of posters left. I believe it has picked up over the past couple of years, but I didn't go back mostly out of disdain. There are quite a few posters from that forum that moved over here.

Hawk Central also had a good forum several years ago. The site got overrun by spam and there didn't appear to be a concerted effort to fix the problem. Almost everyone left and they shut it down. There was one poster who kept posting amongst all the spam (KevinKunnert and/or Skyhawk or something like that?). It was kind of comical. I couldn't help but pull for him, kind of like pulling for a spider in the toilet bowl.

Good forum sites have become scarce over the years.

My guess is that the site administrators ultimately determine that the time and hassle managing forums is not worth the internet click revenue, and give them the axe.

247 had a very good forum for years, especially when Todd Worley managed it (not sure what he is doing now), then the Iowa forum lost all of its moderators. After being ignored by 247 for months, the majority of posters left. I believe it has picked up over the past couple of years, but I didn't go back mostly out of disdain. There are quite a few posters from that forum that moved over here.

Hawk Central also had a good forum several years ago. The site got overrun by spam and there didn't appear to be a concerted effort to fix the problem. Almost everyone left and they shut it down. There was one poster who kept posting amongst all the spam (KevinKunnert and/or Skyhawk or something like that?). It was kind of comical. I couldn't help but pull for him, kind of like pulling for a spider in the toilet bowl.

Several actually believed it was Kevin Kunnert.

I'm curious because I've never been on HR forums, how would you describe the overall tone over there compared to here?

I'm curious because I've never been on HR forums, how would you describe the overall tone over there compared to here?

The biggest difference is that the Hawkeye Lounge (paid subscribers) often have insights that aren’t reported. One of them is the sweatshirt guy courtside at Carver. He’s always leaking recruits commitments days before it’s reported elsewhere.

HN has been my primary board since it started up. I occasionally view Hawkeye Reporter but the topics tend to overlap. I will venture over to some other boards just to see what is the hot topic. Recent events here have turned me off visiting and posting. This my first post in a while. I just feel there is some axe grinding by the administrator that serves no purpose to a great segment of the fans who follow Iowa Football. I don't know if it is a personal conflict with some of the football staff or what it would be. Over the last 20 years at least 700 football players have matriculated through the program. You're going to have some disgruntled players given the competitive nature of players. I just don't think using this site to air them is the right way to do business.

I waste enough damn time on this board. Can't imagine putting time in another place. This is the only place I roam and post. Thank you all for putting up with my chit. I got a Twitter account but I don't go there. This place is comfort and I don't want to take the time to break in and become familiar with posters personalities on another site.

HN has been my primary board since it started up. I occasionally view Hawkeye Reporter but the topics tend to overlap. I will venture over to some other boards just to see what is the hot topic. Recent events here have turned me off visiting and posting. This my first post in a while. I just feel there is some axe grinding by the administrator that serves no purpose to a great segment of the fans who follow Iowa Football. I don't know if it is a personal conflict with some of the football staff or what it would be. Over the last 20 years at least 700 football players have matriculated through the program. You're going to have some disgruntled players given the competitive nature of players. I just don't think using this site to air them is the right way to do business.
Couldn't agree more. I've got nearly 20,000 posts on this website and at one time i was a top 5 all time poster. I loved coming here because it was my escape from politics. But since Jon sold out to this new guy, the politics have overwhelmed the site. I do appreciate his effort to consolidate political jabber into one thread, but it's too little too late. For the site administrator to start name calling those he doesn't agree with politically is pathetic.
I now check in roughly once or twice a week. Haven't posted in forever and spend more time at Hawk Central than here.
Another factor is the website latency. For whatever reason, this site is taking forever to load and I don't know why. It's probably on my end, but no other site i visit has this much trouble.
Anyway, I agree with eyekwah. The website now seems hostile to Hawkeye athletics and it's no longer a fun place to visit. I don't look forward to checking into HN anymore. :(

Couldn't agree more. I've got nearly 20,000 posts on this website and at one time i was a top 5 all time poster. I loved coming here because it was my escape from politics. But since Jon sold out to this new guy, the politics have overwhelmed the site. I do appreciate his effort to consolidate political jabber into one thread, but it's too little too late. For the site administrator to start name calling those he doesn't agree with politically is pathetic.
I now check in roughly once or twice a week. Haven't posted in forever and spend more time at Hawk Central than here.
Another factor is the website latency. For whatever reason, this site is taking forever to load and I don't know why. It's probably on my end, but no other site i visit has this much trouble.
Anyway, I agree with eyekwah. The website now seems hostile to Hawkeye athletics and it's no longer a fun place to visit. I don't look forward to checking into HN anymore. :(

Have to agree.

I use this and the splinter board that the Durty 30 had to retreat to after Old Man Miller flipped his shit, HNWasteland.

Latest posts