Iowa Men worse performing team in the NCAAs as the higher seed since 2013-2023

Don't let Fry see this. You know Iowa has that native american burial ground curse so what do you expect? They can only do so much no matter the players or any coach they might have. Know your place and be happy with it!!! Making the tournament is its own reward so don't worry about what you do when you get there.

Way higher then 70%, I can't see all the icons - but here are teams who have less NCAA appearances on this list then Iowa during that time frame. You can argue that Iowa has had more chances, but you could also argue that if you don't go all that often it's hard to under perform.

Pitt
Marquette
Kansas State
Auburn
USC
Cinci
IL
TOSU
Texas Tech
Xavier
Utah
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Memphis
Maryland
Kentucky
Indiana
Florida
West Virginia
LSU
UCLA
Florida State
Arkansas
Notre Dame
Butler
St Mary's

Last edited:
Way higher then 70%, I can't see all the icons - but here are teams who have less NCAA appearances on this list then Iowa during that time frame. You can argue that Iowa has had more chances, but you could also argue that if you don't go all that often it's hard to under perform.

Pitt
Marquette
Kansas State
Auburn
USC
Cinci
IL
TOSU
Texas Tech
Xavier
Utah
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Memphis
Maryland
Kentucky
Indiana
Florida
West Virginia
LSU
UCLA
Florida State
Arkansas
Notre Dame
Butler
St Mary's

18 of those teams have reached the Sweet 16 or better at least once in that same period, so there's that.

18 of those teams have reached the Sweet 16 or better at least once in that same period, so there's that.
Right, it's an absolute coin flip. 18 of those teams have made it farther then Iowa without making it as often. Does that mean they have a better program? Is it better to have 1 sweet 16 and only make the dance half as much, cause that's the case with most of the above. Do these teams have a better coach? Then the one getting to the Dance more than them? Does Fran forget how to coach in the tournament?

It's why I only factor March Madness into part of the equation - a part that without a doubt you can say Fran has failed in. But we can't say that he's failing at getting us chances. Get there, let the chips fall and keep giving your self chances to advance. All I ask.

With the portal, there has never been more parity in college basketball as there is now and mediocre or disjointed teams will be more of the norm in the dance. A lot of these teams (including Iowa) are still profiting from the free Covid year.

Right, it's an absolute coin flip. 18 of those teams have made it farther then Iowa without making it as often. Does that mean they have a better program? Is it better to have 1 sweet 16 and only make the dance half as much, cause that's the case with most of the above. Do these teams have a better coach? Then the one getting to the Dance more than them? Does Fran forget how to coach in the tournament?

It's why I only factor March Madness into part of the equation - a part that without a doubt you can say Fran has failed in. But we can't say that he's failing at getting us chances. Get there, let the chips fall and keep giving your self chances to advance. All I ask.

With the portal, there has never been more parity in college basketball as there is now and mediocre or disjointed teams will be more of the norm in the dance. A lot of these teams (including Iowa) are still profiting from the free Covid year.

If we are both a better program, have had more chances, and don't have any it is worse. Plain and simple. We just get there then forget about the performance makes certain people feel better. You can cut off after a certain point and minimize this and that but it is better to be real about it instead of being selective to the good and doing mental gymnastics around where we fall short.

Things could be worse. I believe I just heard on TV that Purdue has lost opening round ncaa tourney game to a double digit seed the last 3 years in succession. OUCH!!!

I watched Alford's team (3 seed I think) lose to the directional school from Louisiana (14 seed) at a sports bar in Atlanta - I believe that started the streak which is subject of this thread. That was a dreadful experience as our tab le of 4 people were the only Hawk fans in the place. All of the Johnny Rebs were hooting for the southern school

It is kind of like playing the lottery isn't it? You can't win if you don't play and as long as Iowa keeps pumping quarters into the slot machine (the Big Dance) it has to eventually pay off right?

Or the house (Barta) reaps the benefits of the ice-cream sales either way.

xqc-gambling.gif

Last edited:
Until they get out of the first weekend, there will be a cloud over the program.
1679525224198.png

Don't worry buddy, there is always next year....at least you got there.....not everyone can say that.....could be worse.....you could be Purdue.

Last edited:
I will say this, it is better than the Lick years.....morally better than the Alford years...and the "March Situations" are real March Situations.

Pitt
Marquette
Kansas State
Auburn
USC
Cinci
IL
TOSU
Texas Tech
Xavier
Utah
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Memphis
Maryland
Kentucky
Indiana
Florida
West Virginia
LSU
UCLA
Florida State
Arkansas
Notre Dame
Butler
St Mary's
I knew it I knew it I knew it. Can I have your autograph?
1679531418628.png

No it's just a threat. I tried to get banned....
You won't get banned. If it comes to that you'll just get posting privileges turned off so we can see you still coming back to the site 13 times a day afterwards.

Actually it might be fun to do like a 2 week trial run of that. We can all lay bets down to the over under of the number of logins after asking to get banned and saying you're leaving. Last time you're excuse was that your computer and phone were logging in automatically...yeeeeaaaahhhh.......

Based on prior history in your last three or four "episodes," I'm putting the O/U at 27 per day.

Facts is facts. We stink when we hit the tourney, not a mystery. Polar opposite of the Big Ten National Tourney savior Mich State. They move on nearly every year, playing above their ranking. Definitely coaching difference here as root cause, as much as I like our own stare down Fran . Very bad vs very good.