Iowa-Maryland prediction thread

Iowa 55 Maryland 3. Why? What makes a rainbow work? What makes positrack work on a Plymouth? It just does!

JR is better on the road and I remember MSU last year - CC established himself as the best QB in the B!G at our expense after starting the year looking like we have this season. After Sparty won in Kinnick they never looked back and ended their season with Roses.

JR showed that he has the ability to put points on the board with a very talented receiving corps. In fact I think last week was how I envisioned the first half of the season would go. Hit and miss by a mostly solid D and good production by the O to make up for it. Obviously I was bass ackwards about that notion for the first 5 games.

Indiana (and UNI to a lesser extent) exposed some flaws in a somewhat inexperienced and slightly aggressive line backing corps. Maryland is going to try and exploit those same alignments. Key to their success will come w/ strategic blocking by their WRs creating seams that can be turned into yards by their backfield much like the Hoosiers used to spring Coleman. Their kicker is most likely going to end up in the NFL and they will be able to put points on the board anytime they cross the Iowa 40 or so.

Their defense is quick and they are going to stack the box. Therefore the pressure is going to be on Rudock to finish drives with touchdowns which means our TEs and WRs are going to have to get open quickly down the field. The Iowa RBs are going to have to exhibit their blocking ability to make this happen. If Iowa gets over this hurdle then Iowa can win the game. In the year of the B!G running back, Rudock is going to have a chance to move up a rung or two on the conference QB ladder w/ a flawless performance here. I truly hope to see CJB get in the game in some sort of scripted "quick strike" package to take advantage of any turnovers in the Maryland redzone.

Bottom line: I am counting on our D to show superior conditioning down the line and be able to stop the Turtles in their own territory in the 4th quarter at least twice for Iowa to get the win 35-26.

Jake had a great "shhhh" game last week as both the game manager KirkFer wants him to be and the vertical QB we want him to be. I feel good for him and it was the "funnest" game, well, half of a game, this season. I don't think he repeats it and if Hawks are to win, it will be CJ's show.

Jake is left in a little too long, waiting for the 1st half Indy repeat. CJ makes it interesting but doesn't have time to overcome the deficit. The safeties and LB's continue to add to the challenge and we wonder why the d-line is struggling to set the edge the last couple weeks.

Maryland 30 - Iowa 24.

I have visions of speedy Terp receivers matched up with our LBs underneath and over the middle. Yikes! Make it stop!

hawks still win 31-27!

23-17 Iowa....lots of big plays only to be stalled inside each other's Red Zone....turnovers and missed opportunities for both teams....comes down to the last possession for Maryland to eek out the win and they turn it over on downs.....Another close game that the Hawks come out on top

62-4 Iowa.

We take two intentional safeties in the 4th so it doesn't look like we ran up the score.

Welcome to the BigTen....

turtle_xlarge.jpeg

Ive been going between close Hawks loss and big Hawks win. However, MD's QB is injury prone and inconsistent which will feed right into Iowa's D.

Iowa - 24
MD - 10

Iowa finally has a good rushing game tomorrow, as the Terps have given up an average of 212 yards on the ground through 6 games. Heck, Syracuse put up 370 rushing yards on them earlier this year. Iowa wins 27-17 in a quick game out east.

GO HAWKS

I've seen the run game improve starting with PITT, continuing with Purdue and Indiana. I expect the run game will continue to mature this weekend.

Iowa finally has a good rushing game tomorrow, as the Terps have given up an average of 212 yards on the ground through 6 games. Heck, Syracuse put up 370 rushing yards on them earlier this year. Iowa wins 27-17 in a quick game out east.

GO HAWKS

MD seems small up front and they play a 3-4. Midway through the third quarter, that front 7 is gonna wish they were just chillin' at home. If we keep it close in the third, we will win, but if they jump out by 2 scores on us and we start to pass, MD will win.

Once again, i have no idea how to predict this game. Maryland is schizophrenic like other posters have mentioned, and who knows what we will see from our team. When we find the person that can accurately predict this one we all need to pay attention to him in the future

Some interesting numbers when looking at Maryland:

- Terps are 1-2 at home this season
- Its offense is averaging 34.7 points a game
- Its defense is allowing average of 25.1 points a game
- In its 2 losses, Terps defense allowed 40 + 52 points to the opponent

As for Iowa:
- Offense is averaging 26.7 points a game
- Defense is allowing 18.7 points a game

I do think we are the better team. Maryland will be fired up. It's their homecoming and it is coming off of a bye week. That being said, I still think we sneak out with a win (although I won't be shocked if we lose a close one) ... But I say ...

Iowa 34 - Maryland 27

Iowa 31 Md 30.....barn-burner that Koehn wins at the buzzer with a 52 yard fg....wind at his back.

Latest posts