Iowa looking at Grad Transfer

Fran has said he’s always looking. He needs to be. And there isn’t an open scholarship right now, so that’s all it would be. And if Cook and/or Moss go through the nba draft evaluation again, he may not know if he has one or what position he needs to fill for awhile.

I look at this as a positive that Fran is out there looking at all options. Chances we actually get this kid are very slim for many reasons. This could also be a sign that Moss might be moving along, who really knows.

Hawkeye Elvis ain't going anywhere

He also bleeds Black and Gold

unnecessarily-censorship-pictures-01.jpg

Perhaps the very best Hawkeye basketball photo ever

Suspicious Minds here talking like Hawkeye Elvis might go. I think I'd almost trade Wieskamp before HE he's such an institution at Carver. Almost anyway.

So pass on a good player because we don't have enough minutes for players that are not as good? Now that makes ZERO sense.

Fran should always be looking to improve the team without worrying about playing time. The best players will always find a way on to the court.
Speaking of making ZERO sense, you may want to re read what I posted. I didn't say Fran should pass. I said why would the kid be interested in Iowa if he has limited playing time? :rolleyes:

Fran has said he’s always looking. He needs to be. And there isn’t an open scholarship right now, so that’s all it would be. And if Cook and/or Moss go through the nba draft evaluation again, he may not know if he has one or what position he needs to fill for awhile.
Another line of thinking may be just what does Fran know that we don't? It could be Fran knows with certainty about the future of a few of our guys. Be it Cook, Dailey, Moss whomever. If any one of them had told him since the season ended their for sure moving on then game on for Fran to be looking around. It wouldn't surprise me if things like that are sat on and just not made public for awhile.
Just like with what's going on with Neb and Hoiberg now. Anyone think Nebraska is out aggressively interviewing other coaches this week? I haven't heard of any other rumors at all about them besides Freddy so it may not be a done deal but come to find out after the fact it'll have been a done deal.

Speaking of making ZERO sense, you may want to re read what I posted. I didn't say Fran should pass. I said why would the kid be interested in Iowa if he has limited playing time? :rolleyes:

If he's good he won't have issue with playing time.

How prophetic was my last post eh?? There was no way Fran wasn't hitting up this kid if he didn't already know someone was bailing for sure. I mean he wasn't going to offer a kid like this a chance to walk on when UNC and others are offering him full rides.. With Dailey leaving now I think Fran knew this at some point either before the season ended or since then and yesterday...

If this guy can get his own shot late in the clock...then I say yes. He will be on the only one on the team. That being said...I think Weiskamp takes a major step next year. If he gets the ball in his hands more...which is expected...he's going to average 16-18. He's going to get stronger and feel more confident about taking over games. His handle is pretty good...and he's shown he can take it to the hole. Added strength means the B10 shove isn't going to deter him off the dribble...he's going right through it.

Latest posts