Iowa/ISU basketball rivalry in jeopardy

If we're afraid to play UNI, why would we play a Big XII team if we didn't have to?

“In any given year, you might want to take on Kansas or Duke or North Carolina,†McCaffery said. “You might have an opportunity to have a TV game like that, and if you don’t have that flexibility in your schedule, you can’t play those games.

“When I’ve got a good team, I want to take everybody on. I want to be on television. It’s our responsibility to do that, and I think you have to look at the big picture moving forward.â€

Afraid? Fran has his eyes set on bigger fish if you ask me..

Fran's use to playing JV bball at Sienna and that UNC small school, whatever its called. He's not use to playing with the big boys and it shows and so now he doesn't know how to act. He's MAD

Fran's use to playing JV bball at Sienna and that UNC small school, whatever its called. He's not use to playing with the big boys and it shows and so now he doesn't know how to act. He's MAD

other than the fact the he said he isnt the one doing it.

With the 18 games required for BIG schedule, I can see dropping the instate games, or at least 1-2 of them per year.

If I remember correctly, Lickliter was slammed by fans for suggesting the end of instate rivalry games may end. Will be interesting to watch fan reaction.

other than the fact the he said he isnt the one doing it.

Sure he's not.

These coaches that complain about playing Iowa, UNI, Drake, ISU, whoever are weenies. If Fred says the same, he's a weenie too.

ISU played Iowa, Drake, and UNI 2 years ago and still managed to play Duke. It's not exclusive. Iowa has played Kansas in years past too.

Football is one thing to drop the rivalry, when so much depends on one loss. But there is no reason to drop it for Basketball. If we finish in the top half of the Big Ten, we will always make postseason play. I want to play ISU, it is the only noncon game I look forward to. Common guys, all that used to be fun with college sports is dying.

Fran wants to replace the ISU game with a HS team. He needs EVERY win he can get and he's afraid of ISU. He'd like to replace a lot of the B10 games, but that's more difficult.

Although, I think it would be unfortunate for the instate series to discontinue. Miller's suggestion for the weekend at the Well seems like the most logical scenario at this time.

Why not drop the games against Jerkoff State, Nowhere Tech and Northern Illinois? Or is it about scheduling big name teams and then padding the win column with the Campbells of the world? ;)

With the 18 games required for BIG schedule, I can see dropping the instate games, or at least 1-2 of them per year.

If I remember correctly, Lickliter was slammed by fans for suggesting the end of instate rivalry games may end. Will be interesting to watch fan reaction.

People are turning into pansies. It's sad but true. You lose to UNI and you should drop them. Your about to lose to Iowa State and you should drop them. Man up, get better, and compete. It is 3 games out of 13 in the non conference. 3 games out of 30. Its fun for the state

Latest posts