Iowa is the ONLY team in the country...

herkyattack

It really is a shame how poor our defense has been, because this offense coupled with even an average defense would be a legit B1G contender. Did you know our offense has a player in the top 15 in rushing yards per game (Coker, 9th), receiving yards per game (McNutt, 12th), and passer efficiency (Vandenberg, 15th)? Iowa is the only team in the country that can lay claim to that feat. There are a few teams that have two of these things: Oregon, Houston, Baylor, and Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Re: "Wasting" our best offense since '02

BUT...even though they can be good, they are very unpredictable. they did not have a good game against PSU. To be great, I would say they would have to be more consistent. Next year maybe?

Re:"Wasting" our best offense since '02

Awesome stat! Makes me think the 3-1 finish is more and more likely!

JVB's QB passing efficiency is a skewed stat. A 4 yard completion on 3rd and 5 helps that rating, a play I have seen way too often by he and Stanzi the past two seasons. The only other good thing about that play is my weight loss when I am vomiting in the stool after I watch our punt team run onto the field and await our pathetic D for another series of false hope.

Also let's look at who we've played to get these stats. Next to a Penn State team who is mediocre at best, who's the best team we've played?? Pitt? ISU? Both are 4-4.

JVB's QB passing efficiency is a skewed stat. A 4 yard completion on 3rd and 5 helps that rating, a play I have seen way too often by he and Stanzi the past two seasons. The only other good thing about that play is my weight loss when I am vomiting in the stool after I watch our punt team run onto the field and await our pathetic D for another series of false hope.

No a 4 yard completion would most certainly lower his efficiency rating. Yards per attempt is a main component of the rating.

Re: "Wasting" our best offense since '02

Cant ever tell if you are serious

If you are, you are an idiot

Why, because not everybody is a negative nancy?

I just love when people get all butt hurt after a loss - any loss - and then are as high as a kite after a win - any win.

OMGZ WE BEAT PITT BEST OFFENSE EVER 11-1 HERE WE COME!

oooooh **** we lost to Minny, worst team ever, fire Ferentz, O'keefe, Norm, blow up the stadium, kill your first born!

Bi. Polar.

Iowa isn't losing out. Just not going to happen. Any fan knew that this would be a rebuilding year, since, you know, the Hawks lost a lot from the last three teams that had pretty successful years.

Also let's look at who we've played to get these stats. Next to a Penn State team who is mediocre at best, who's the best team we've played?? Pitt? ISU? Both are 4-4.

PSU might be average overall, but their defense is legit. And since when does an opponent's mediocre offense have anything to do with a QB's passer efficiency rating?

It really is a shame how poor our defense has been, because this offense coupled with even an average defense would be a legit B1G contender. Did you know our offense has a player in the top 15 in rushing yards per game (Coker, 9th), receiving yards per game (McNutt, 12th), and passer efficiency (Vandenberg, 15th)? Iowa is the only team in the country that can lay claim to that feat. There are a few teams that have two of these things: Oregon, Houston, Baylor, and Oklahoma.

I'm getting bored of these type of threads. If our Offense was that damn good we are not 5-3 against this schedule. Iowa just played the weaker part of the schedule and now starts the tough part. We just lost to 1-6 Minnesota, people really need to grab some perspective.

I'm getting bored of these type of threads. If our Offense was that damn good we are not 5-3 against this schedule. Iowa just played the weaker part of the schedule and now starts the tough part. We just lost to 1-6 Minnesota, people really need to grab some perspective.

In case you haven't noticed, but Iowa typically fairs better against the tougher part of the schedule than the easier part. We fans should be used to that by now.

May not happen this year, but that's how it's been in years past.

2009 - lost to Northwestern, struggled against Indiana, UNI, and Arkansas State. Won at Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa State, and beat UM at home.

2010 - Lost to Nortwestern, Minnesota, Arizona, and struggled against IU, and beat Michigan State, Penn State, Missouri, and had super close losses to UW and OSU.

I could go bark further.

In case you haven't noticed, but Iowa typically fairs better against the tougher part of the schedule than the easier part. We fans should be used to that by now.

May not happen this year, but that's how it's been in years past.

2009 - lost to Northwestern, struggled against Indiana, UNI, and Arkansas State. Won at Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa State, and beat UM at home.

2010 - Lost to Nortwestern, Minnesota, Arizona, and struggled against IU, and beat Michigan State, Penn State, Missouri, and had super close losses to UW and OSU.

I could go bark further.

Struggling and winning is different from losing.

Struggling and winning is different from losing.

Not when you struggle to beat an FCS team at home. That's almost as bad as losing on the road to an average FCS-level team (ability wise).

Just saying, if Iowa had won by 1 yesterday, would anybody be any less frustrated?

Iowa could not be a legitimate big ten title contender for one reason... because they just aren't very good this year. Iowa has been fortunate to have a strength of schedule through the first 2/3rds of the season that is 112th in FBS. That would also explain the big numbers in Mcnutt, Vandenberg, and Coker's individual statistics. It's pretty easy to put up numbers against bad competition.

unfortunately for Iowa fan and Iowa, the last 1/3rd of the hawkeye's schedule includes 3 ranked teams and purdue (who is better than NW, Indiana, and Minny)

in the next month you'll see the numbers drop, you'll see at least 3 losses, and you'll see about a thousand more "fire ferentz" threads.

Iowa could not be a legitimate big ten title contender for one reason... because they just aren't very good this year. Iowa has been fortunate to have a strength of schedule through the first 2/3rds of the season that is 112th in FBS. That would also explain the big numbers in Mcnutt, Vandenberg, and Coker's individual statistics. It's pretty easy to put up numbers against bad competition.

unfortunately for Iowa fan and Iowa, the last 1/3rd of the hawkeye's schedule includes 3 ranked teams and purdue (who is better than NW, Indiana, and Minny)

in the next month you'll see the numbers drop, you'll see at least 3 losses, and you'll see about a thousand more "fire ferentz" threads.

I really hope we can turn it around but I'm afraid this comment is right. Based on what we've seen so far how can any logical fan think otherwise.

Latest posts