Iowa is Ranked #1 in at least 5 polls

ChosenChildren

The Massey Composite Rankings (just Google "Massey Composite Ranking") shows that at least 5 separate polls have Iowa ranked #1. The "composite" ranking of the computers has Iowa at #8. Pretty amazing stuff. Gotta keep winning!

I love my hawks but they're not a #1 team. or even top 5. I think they've reached the high water mark in my mind. Now if CJB gets healthy and the passgame picks up... and pass D on the opposite side of King improves......maybe deeper into top 10 is something I could buy.

I love my hawks but they're not a #1 team. or even top 5. I think they've reached the high water mark in my mind. Now if CJB gets healthy and the passgame picks up... and pass D on the opposite side of King improves......maybe deeper into top 10 is something I could buy.

They have a better resume than anyone other than Alabama in the top ten right now, and they are undefeated. Also, having watched every team play in the top ten, the Hawks could compete with all of them. None of the top ten are absolutely steamrolling teams this year. Are they #1? No, but they are absolutely as good as Clemson and TCU.

They have a better resume than anyone other than Alabama in the top ten right now, and they are undefeated. Also, having watched every team play in the top ten, the Hawks could compete with all of them. None of the top ten are absolutely steamrolling teams this year. Are they #1? No, but they are absolutely as good as Clemson and TCU.

I'm not sure just how good we are. And for once, I mean that in the best of ways. I'm not even sure we have played a "complete" game, yet. We MIGHT be a top four or five team...or not. But we've earned the ranking we have in AP & Coaches polls, we owe apologies to nobody.

Nice thing about our team is they still have a lot of room to improve, esp. in the pass game, on defense, and even the run game. I like our chances and our upside going forward, esp. if the coaches can scratch where it itches, and keep the guys focused and improving. Potential high ceiling here.

I'm not sure just how good we are. And for once, I mean that in the best of ways. I'm not even sure we have played a "complete" game, yet. We MIGHT be a top four or five team...or not. But we've earned the ranking we have in AP & Coaches polls, we owe apologies to nobody.

This is exactly how I feel. If you had no preconceived notions of anyone this year, Iowa's body of work is legitmately top 5 out there. Very different than being one of the 5 best teams but until proven otherwise and a full season is turned in who knows. I can envision Iowa playing a smart, frustrating, ball control game and beating anyone. But first there are 5 teams to play, anyone of which could end this.

Of course you never know until the two teams play each other. I have not thought of Iowa as on the same level as Clemson.....especially on offense.

"I'm not sure just how good we are". And for once, I mean that in the best of ways. I'm not even sure we have played a "complete" game, yet. We MIGHT be a top four or five team...or not. But we've earned the ranking we have in AP & Coaches polls, we owe apologies to nobody.

This is a direct quote from Cap't Kirk after we steamrolled NW.........Hey, man, whatever works, just keep doing it each Saturday....

Get healthy, stay healthy, and win Saturday. If we can win turnover ratio or at least push, and play clean special teams, I like us at 8-0.

Still can't believe it. Love it.

Play clean, loose, and fast Hawks!

Of course you never know until the two teams play each other. I have not thought of Iowa as on the same level as Clemson.....especially on offense.

Clemson so far:
Sat, Sep 5
vs
-m-0n47lvd__56x42.png
Wofford
W 10 - 49
[COLOR=#878787 !important]Final[/COLOR]

Sat, Sep 12
vs
-m-03hfz15__56x42.png
Appalachian State
W 10 - 41

Thu, Sep 17
@
-m-0fbftr__56x42.png
Louisville
W 20 - 17

Sat, Oct 3
vs
-m-04ls81__56x42.png
Notre Dame
W 22 - 24

Sat, Oct 10
vs
-m-02wvfxz__56x42.png
Georgia Tech
W 24 - 43

Sat, Oct 17
vs
-m-02wvfxl__56x42.png
Boston College
W 17 - 34
[COLOR=#212121 !important]Video Recap[/COLOR]

Sat, Oct 24@
VKRCjH7AULUsDT0J7H4XDEIyINIjUWCrnExDTWmIiIGGutSSaTfjqTEXHjFnTWWjMAyZegcyuiw7DOp0m0UWOSV1xEkK9vhYxPrgcEFTQGBT199vx3259OeZd8EX8cyAOZMlXwn7j Kso0y78At6SZV8iK2WMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
Miami (FL)
W 58 - 0[COLOR=#878787 !important]Final

[/COLOR]

Notre Dame is a good win. Louisville is 3-4, GT is 3-5, BC is 3-5, Wofford is 3-5. They've played two FBS teams with winning records. One was Notre Dame, the other was Miami, who just fired their coach! Only one ranked team on that slate, and they got them at home. Iowa is as good as Clemson. If they're a top 5 team, Iowa is.

BUMP...........nice seeing that the Iowa Hawkeyes are finally being recognized as #1!

A lot of us on HN have thought IOWA was #1 for years!!!

#goHawks

I think you are correct. Though I think TCU is not as high as they are now. Their defense is very suspect and if they go against a defense that is better they are not going to put up numbers they have. I think Iowa could hold their own against TCU using ball control offense and playing good D as they have most games. The teams in the top 10 I think Iowa might have the toughest time matching up with would be Alabama, LSU, maybe Baylor prior to the loss of their starting QB, and probably Ohio State. I think the rest of the teams in the top 10 Iowa could match up pretty well with. That said, given weeks to prepare I would not be surprised if Iowa could match up okay with Alabama or LSU, etc. What sticks in the back of everyone's mind I know is that Hawkslayer Bowl where the whole game was a cluster and we had weeks to prepare for that. Let's chalk that up to lack of leadership on the team and the QB switcheroo and maybe not having great defensive adjustments or discipline which we seem to have gotten back now.

I kind of hope that if we make it to Big Ten championship that we get Michigan State just so we can potentially put Dantonio back in his place. I think it will be Ohio State though.

Given 3 or 4 weeks to prep, is there any team we cannot match up with or hang with? I am not sure I see any blow outs.

Someday we will beat OSU. Don't think it will be this year.

But the team has yet to play to its potential, which is scary. If this team is healthy and clicking at the end of the year, we may just be in for a surprise.

Latest posts